Skids

metalic

07 JK
I want to get an oil pan skid and was looking at EVO. I had a friend give me a $100 gift certificate for JCR he won at a fundraising event. I know there bumpers aren't highly recommend here but does anyone have any experience with the engine skid? I'm not looking at running there whole system just the engine section.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I wouldn't buy anything from JCR even IF they made quality products. In dealing with them in the past, I found guys that run the company to be full of themselves. Of course, that's just me.

metalic

I bought there spindle when I built my rear bumper and that's my only dealing with them. Having a 100 free bucks is tempting but it's still 200 after the certificate. I think I might go with the rancho for less money

USMC Wrangler

I'm still in the midst of installing all three EVO Protek skids. I know I spent a nice little chunk on them, but they are absolute quality. My fear of tearing up the engine, trans, and cross-member/exhaust loop are gone. Good luck with your decision! :thumb:

dillard09

I can tell you if your 07 is just like my 08 which I'm sure it is, the EVO skids are beefcake and super easy to install. That includes the oil, tranny, and tranny to oil skids. Except the crossmember which had to be modified for the long arm for me.

metalic

I was planning on running EVO protek but was thinking of just running the oil pan. I'm still debating if I should run them all or just engine

metalic

It's not the budget I just don't know if I need all the others. I know Moby isn't running any and it wheels a lot harder than myself but the old pan is a concern of mine. Does everyone feel the others are necessary? I run mostly midwest trails like turkey bay, badlands, redbird, etc. If it's necessary I'll go with all but can't decide.

dillard09

I ran without them for awhile but always was worried about slipping off a rock and landing on my tranny or oil pan. With them there will be no worries.

USMC Wrangler

It's not the budget I just don't know if I need all the others. I know Moby isn't running any and it wheels a lot harder than myself but the old pan is a concern of mine. Does everyone feel the others are necessary? I run mostly midwest trails like turkey bay, badlands, redbird, etc. If it's necessary I'll go with all but can't decide.

I'm sure Eddie can tell you what he does/doesn't have for sure, but yeah, he's also running a V-8 swap so these won't fit the engine. I also believe (don't know for a fact) that due to the swap and his suspension setup on Moby none of the Protek skids would work for that setup.

Me personally, I'm in the southwest, still sitting pretty low and will be for awhile. In addition to the Protek system, I'm adding all four LCA skids and front C-gussets, but I do my own welding too. It's all just peace of mind for me. Hopefully a Midwesterner can chime in on your trails.

metalic

I understand what Eddie is running and the protek won't work but with whats done to Moby I would think if he thought is was a must he would fab up some custom skids. Maybe it was a poor comparison. I'm running a aftermarket front 44 and stock rear for now with a RK 2.5".

SilverBack

I run the Evo Protek system and would recommend it highly! I installed all 3 pieces by myself in about 2 hours including double and triple checking my torque!

Top Bottom