Help! RK Leveling Kit Install - Now ESC light is on?

bonedaddy

Greetings WAL...

So I installed the RK 1 3/4 leveling kit this weekend and it looks great - install was alright, would have been better if I had been more prepared, but i got it done and everything went back together without an issue...

2015-07-25 21.25.00.jpg

I get in it today, first day driving it, and the ESC light pops on and now I can't figure out why? Any clues?

2015-07-27 05.34.56.jpg

I disconnected any wire connectors when installing so there wouldn't be any strain on them when installing the leveling kit and dropping the axles... and everything I can see looks good...

Is there something I need to reset after adding the kit - I wouldn't think so? and driving around with the light on, shouldn't be an issue there right, I mean it's only the ESC right?

Last edited:

09blackruby

I'm guessing your steering wheel is off just a bit which can kick on the esc light. Common after adding a lift. Here's a great write up from Eddie on how to fix if its the actual issue.

Steering Wheel Re-centering

bonedaddy

I'm guessing your steering wheel is off just a bit which can kick on the esc light. Common after adding a lift. Here's a great write up from Eddie on how to fix if its the actual issue.

Steering Wheel Re-centering

yeah it is, i did try the adjusting of the steering but def over corrected - it was always off a bit to the right so I adjusted it to the left but def missed the mark... I was planning on hopping under when i got home tonight and trying to correct it, hopefully that will be the simple solution... i really do not want to have to tell me wifey otherwise... ;)

thx...

bonedaddy

So the wheel is now straight, but how do I reset the light? Will it just go off on its own? I restarted and drove twice, maybe it will be off in morning...

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
It should go off on a short drive. My wheel has been off center for a while and I think the jeep just gave up lol.

bonedaddy

funny i made two trips around the hood last night and every time I started it the light was still on - this morning started her up, light chimed and then in a couple seconds went out...

Thanks for the advice guys, def helped keep my stress level down - seeing this was my first "real" mod i have done to the Jeep...

you know us newbies... ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear it was just your steering wheel being off. Next time, disconnect the negative lead on your battery for about 20 min and that will clear it too.

Top Bottom