2015 Wrangler Strange issue

Petthefish

ok history of the jeep 2015 Jeep JKU sport with 8600 miles on it

So the past few weeks randomly while driving we will hear a ding and lights will flash on the dash I thought maybe it was wire issues with my off road lights or sub amp, I went over them all from battery to end and found nothing loose and they are working perfectly. So last night on the way to work I started to pay attention to what lights are flashing and it is the lights for Electronic stability control light, Electronic Throttle Control, and the ABS light. it happens so quick it took me a few times to even see what lights were flashing. And the ding is the same you hear when you get low on fuel.

The jeep runs like normal everything seems fine no problems on or off road just the random ding and light show.

:thinking:

anyone else see this happen (and yes I am going to take to to Jeep this next week to have them look at it)

ok (Update my wife said on the way to work the light dinged and the TPMS light and traction control light flashed.)

Last edited:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I used to have this happen on my 2007. It happened on the highway when I would hit a bump and it was caused by the steering wheel being off too much. I had to adjust the steering wheel on the side of the road and it was fine from then on. Check the steering wheel is centered properly.

JeepFan

Hooked
Could be a bad wheel speed sensor or possibly a loose connector to one of the sensors. :thinking:
Should be covered under warranty...:yup:

Right Rudder

This happened to me after i did some electrical work fairly recently on my 2013. Check your main connections on the battery, if they can wiggle at all they need to be tightened.

The primary nut on the battery terminal screws use a wedge shape to tighten down the connectors. If anything is even slightly preventing that from happening, your connections wont be solid and electronic chaos will ensue.

Petthefish

This happened to me after i did some electrical work fairly recently on my 2013. Check your main connections on the battery, if they can wiggle at all they need to be tightened.

The primary nut on the battery terminal screws use a wedge shape to tighten down the connectors. If anything is even slightly preventing that from happening, your connections wont be solid and electronic chaos will ensue.

thanks I will double check it all

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd have to agree with what has been said and it very well could just be a bad speed sensor.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I had this issue with loose/broken abs/wheel sensors out back. Dialectric grease can go a long way with connectors like that btw.

Hobolobo

This was my problem when i had the same issue recently.

Petthefish

Thanks guys I will take it to jeep next week and see what they can dig up first I will check all my connections

Top Bottom