Jeep stalled and won't turn over.

Cavscout263

So I went on a little adventure during lunch and hit a mud puddle pretty fast and made it through but stalled out. And I tried starting it and it clicks once and resets the electrical. It will not even turn over. I plugged in my super chips programmer to read dtc and it come up with batter voltage low, voltage system low. We tried jumping it but no such luck. Are there any suggestions to what is going on? It is a 2011 jeep wrangler Sahara.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Double check to make sure your battery terminals are on there good and tight. Then check all the main grounds and make sure you didn't rip one off. Report back.

USMC Wrangler

I drive a 2011 JKUR at work. Same thing happened a few weeks back. All cables were tight with no corrosion. The battery was fried out of the blue, with no warning in advance.

Cavscout263

Well the air filter was wet and I have the hose disconnected to dry put but I don't think it is the problem because right from the get go, when I turn the key to start it clicks once then resets the power. And I have tried it plenty of times and the power is still good. So I think it may be electrical. Going to have it checked put tomorrow.

Grubbicon

I think next I would pull the plugs and try turn it over and see if water comes out. Not really sure if it will do anything but just a thought I had.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I think next I would pull the plugs and try turn it over and see if water comes out. Not really sure if it will do anything but just a thought I had.

Would you pull any particular one? Like #6 vs #1? I'd never heard of this but I think it's a cool idea if I'm ever in this kind of a spot.

Grubbicon

Would you pull any particular one? Like #6 vs #1? I'd never heard of this but I think it's a cool idea if I'm ever in this kind of a spot.

I personally would probably pull all. Im sure there is someone out there that has more experience with a motor in a truck then I do. I do know when a something such as a dirtbike is dropped in water a good way to get water out is turn it upside down and pull the plug then turn it over. This will cause water to come out. Im assuming the motor in a car would work the same way.

Last edited:

FatTire

I drive a 2011 JKUR at work. Same thing happened a few weeks back. All cables were tight with no corrosion. The battery was fried out of the blue, with no warning in advance.

Same thing happened to my 2013 jkur about a year ago. Drove through a deep puddle, did not stall, made it all the way home. Next morning it would not turn over or power anything inside. AAA put their battery diagnostic tool on it and it showed a bad cell. After a jump start, made it to the dealer. The battery was 18 months old, replaced under warranty.

CandAMudders

So, now what happens? When hydrolocked, it won't crank right, cause you can't compress the liquid...but what is the 'fix'?

GS-RON

Pull all six plugs and see if water comes out of the cylinders. If it does dry it out and then do a compression check. If it's good, and the cyls show the same numbers put some new plugs in and see if it starts.

If you're even slightly religious and there was water in one or more cyls pray you didn't bend a rod or break a piston.

YMMV RON

Last edited:
Top Bottom