PDA

View Full Version : Bringing Home Benson

RockIt Man
11-28-2012, 08:37 AM
So I am at the hospital, currently awaiting the arrival of my first kid. His name is Benson. And he will be getting his first ride in a Jeep at just a few days old...

Hopefully, that should be all it takes to have him hooked for life !

MikeLisa
11-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Congrats on your new addition. I'm sure he'll enjoy the ride.:celebrate:

MTG
11-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Congratulations! Get ready for a wonderful ride!

Get some sleep now. :thumbs: Oh and make sure that handle gets folded back while driving. ;)

Linebacker
11-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Conratulations on welcoming Benson to the world and the world of wheelin'.:thumb:

wayoflife
11-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Congratulations!! :thumb::clap2:

RockIt Man
11-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Now if I can only convince the wife to go with RUBICON as a middle name...:hmm:

Conman
11-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Congrats man! It's a life changer:thumb:

Donny
11-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Congratulations!! :rock:

You are doooooomed in the best way:thumb:

Donny

RockIt Man
12-13-2012, 05:28 AM
Hey all. Thanks for the well wishes. Unfortunately my wife had to have a C section therefore I chose to bring the her and new son home in her BMW. There was no chance that I would have her climb into the jeep so soon after recovery.

However, I have since then taken him on quite a few trips in the Jeep and he seems to really LOVE it!

jeeperak
12-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Hey all. Thanks for the well wishes. Unfortunately my wife had to have a C section therefore I chose to bring the her and new son home in her BMW. There was no chance that I would have her climb into the jeep so soon after recovery.

However, I have since then taken him on quite a few trips in the Jeep and he seems to really LOVE it!

AWESOME. Glad to hear your lil wheeler made safe..:beer:

JKAnimal
12-13-2012, 05:42 PM

Glad to hear it! Congratulations! It just gets more fun as they grow!

Hope your getting some sleep now! :thumb:

:beer:

BEE'S TWIN
12-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Congrats man!!!!:clap2::thumb:

Ret Vet 007
12-17-2012, 10:06 PM
That's awesome, congrats Dad! Good that you took a pic if his first ride as they grow up too fast!

God Bless!

Skid_Kid
12-17-2012, 10:20 PM

CONGRATS!!!!!! Just became a Dad myself a week ago today. Gavin loves the Jeep. My wife had me bring it cause of the ease of getting in and out of it without have to use her stomach muscles after the C-section.

RockIt Man
12-17-2012, 11:20 PM
Thanks again all :thumb:

Notajerryskid
12-18-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm so excited for you!! I have a 2 year old and another one on the way. Kids change you for the better. Way better. :). Congratulations

Skid_Kid
12-18-2012, 01:30 AM
I'm so excited for you!! I have a 2 year old and another one on the way. Kids change you for the better. Way better. :). Congratulations

More help in the garage!

ichthus
12-19-2012, 05:32 AM
Our son preferred the bumpier ride of my 2 door to the comparatively smoother JKU that my wife drives almost from day one. He had NO patience with my in-laws buttery smooth GC :-) just make sure you get him well acclimated to top-less driving early on.

RockIt Man
12-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Our son preferred the bumpier ride of my 2 door to the comparatively smoother JKU that my wife drives almost from day one. He had NO patience with my in-laws buttery smooth GC :-) just make sure you get him well acclimated to top-less driving early on.

Right on!

Now... How to convince the wife to ride topless and doorless ASAP... :thinking:

Notajerryskid
12-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Our son was 1 when we first went top/door less. We had a bikini on to keep the sun off him. But he loves it. Waite till you get the people looking at you doorless with a child strapped in the back. Some of them are priceless. And you better prepare yourself for the rude, all up in your business, uneducated people that will start crap with you. We just deal with it by pointing and laughing back at them. :D

ichthus
12-19-2012, 08:13 PM
My son is 10 months now. He spent most of the summer driving around without the rear windows in my JK. I'd run doorless, but since he was in the back that really didn't change things for him. As hot as it was this year, I too typically left the top up, just for shade. My wife kept the rear doors on her JKU with him in back, but not sure what we'll do next summer.