EVO DoubleD Pro

NW_RUBI

Hello All,

As you can see I am getting excited to order my 2016 JKUR in Mojave Sand since I am trying to collect as much information as I can. I have been reading a lot of posts every night to understand what upgrades people are selecting for their JKs.

I originally spec'd the Rock Krawler 3.5" X-Factor Mid-Arm lift, but now I am looking towards the EVO DoubleD Pro or the EVO DoubleD with Fox 2.0 Performance Shocks with reservoirs (I am not buying the King 2.5 shocks due to the price being so close to the coil-overs I might as will go with the Pro at that point).

With the EVO DoubleD Pro, how often do the King coil-overs need to be rebuilt? I know this depends on how hard the Jeep is wheeled, but this is my daily driver and I cannot have it on the lift for weeks while I wait to get my coil-overs back. I can learn how to rebuild them, but it is a pressurized system and that is just another level of complexity.

How many of the kits are actually welded on as well? I am currently enrolled to start taking classes at night to learn how to weld and feel this will just be better in the long run instead of bolts.

Thanks for all of the help!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With the EVO DoubleD Pro, how often do the King coil-overs need to be rebuilt? I know this depends on how hard the Jeep is wheeled, but this is my daily driver and I cannot have it on the lift for weeks while I wait to get my coil-overs back. I can learn how to rebuild them, but it is a pressurized system and that is just another level of complexity.

It really depends on how hard you use them and by that, I mean driving hard and fast through the desert vs. rock crawling. I typically rebuild mine once a year but then, I do a lot of hard and fast driving. Also, you don't need to send your coil overs out to King to have them rebuilt, you can take them into any shop that works with sand cars or even side-by-sides. Most will have the known how and the means to rebuild your coil overs.

How many of the kits are actually welded on as well? I am currently enrolled to start taking classes at night to learn how to weld and feel this will just be better in the long run instead of bolts.

Most people get their kits burned in if only to minimize the amount maintenance you would need to do like checking the torque of all your bolts. You can always install your kit with bolts and then burn in the brackets once you feel more comfortable with your welding skills.

Top Bottom