Squishy Brake Pedal

T&ERun

LOSER
I just installed Dana 60 axles front and rear. They came with larger brakes obviously. My brake pedal is very soft. I've blead the brakes three times now (after the second bleed it felt much better, not much different with the third time). Saying "squishy", I mean the pedal goes almost to the floor. If I pump the pedal a few times it does firm up. Do you guys think I still have air or is this normal with adding big brakes and not going with a bigger pump?

Sent using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I just installed Dana 60 axles front and rear. They came with larger brakes obviously. My brake pedal is very soft. I've blead the brakes three times now (after the second bleed it felt much better, not much different with the third time). Saying "squishy", I mean the pedal goes almost to the floor. If I pump the pedal a few times it does firm up. Do you guys think I still have air or is this normal with adding big brakes and not going with a bigger pump?

Sent using WAYALIFE mobile app

If they are the ultimate 60s from spicer you need to upgrade your master cylinder to fix the issue your having.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If they are the ultimate 60s from spicer you need to upgrade your master cylinder to fix the issue your having.

This ^^^ At least, it should help with the pedal feel but you may also find it helpful to have your brakes ABS bled.

t8er

This ^^^ At least, it should help with the pedal feel but you may also find it helpful to have your brakes ABS bled.

Sorry to hi jack but I've been trying to find out how I can do this properly when I put on extended brake lines. I know how to bleed brakes I've just never heard of this.

jeeeep

Hooked
brake or dealer service have a tool that activates the ABS system. you can also try a reverse bleed but you need a way to force the fluid from the brake to the reservoir.

I did my ABS bleed by finding a stretch of straight non-busy road so I could get up to about 50mph , slam on the brakes to activate the ABS a few times then bleed the brakes again. It's really a pain in the ass since you need to take everything you need to do a brake bleed off the side of the road but it worked for me.

T&ERun

LOSER
Did you ever get your brake issue fixed? I have the same problem after upgrading to a PR60 and PR80.

I bled the brakes again and I'm ok with the way it feels now. It is much better and the pedal is firm. Does it feel stock, not quite, but I'm fine with it. I feel plenty safe to be able to stop quickly if I need to. I will eventually upgrade to the bigger MC.

Top Bottom