Help guys, I'm stuck😪

nightfirem10

Well we just purchased a 2013 jku for the wife, and the guy was a smittybuilt nut, here's the problem I just ran into.... It came with the src cage kit in a box with no directions, so being a guy I sent it out and had it powder coated in the color she wanted, went tonight and installed the upright posts with the grab handle on it,wrestled for a while, got it in and went to shut the doors and they are two inches from closing because the bars hit the doors... Has anyone put these in and could point me in a direction of what needs to be done other than denting in the doors for clearance?????
Thanks,
Alan ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441257794.501100.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441257807.651187.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441257851.053738.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441257864.644857.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sorry, but in about five years of moderating a jeep forum I can honestly say you are the first person I have seen with the Smitty cage.

It looks way too far away from the dash. Are you sure there were not spacers to keep it tight to the dash and further away from the door seam?

It also looks like it was made for a 2009 and earlier dash.

Last edited:

nightfirem10

Well let's just say it wasn't my choice, but it came with the jeep so I decided to put it on, even when I got it in it touched the top of the dash as well. I figured after installing it that it's wrong for this jeep. If anyone else has any ideas about it I'm all ears, but I got to agree with you guys, that it is for the wrong year of jeep.

Saharacon

Take it off my friend that's for an older model. You should not have that kind of gap.

One thing to consider though. Might be a reason why we've hardly seen smitty cages ;)

metalic

I went with RH4X4 cage but a friend had a smitty cage in his. It rolled and flipped once @70mph on the interstate and held up well. His wife walked away with some soreness for a week.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hmmm? A lot of helpful post so far...

Is there a cross bar for the dash that would help pull it in? :idontknow:

Top Bottom