Running wire through firewall on 2015 6 speed

Phljeeper

I have had 3 JKs and have never had an issue feeding wire through the firewall until my 2015. I have a 6 speed tranny so the hold for the clutch is consumed. All other passages through the firewall are plastic and seem to not be simple to pierce and send an extra cable through. Anyone have this issue and solved it? Please don't reply if you have a pre 2015 or an auto as I know where the holes should be for those JKs. It seems in 2015 they switched to these plastic fittings over rubber.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I don't have a 15 so I shouldn't be responding but, are you saying that the hole on your firewall along the edge of the door is blocked off?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I just checked and my '15 is the same as my '09. There is some strong firewall tape on the engine side, but a screwdriver goes right through it. It took me five minutes, including the time to get the screwdriver and pull the panel.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441409305.305254.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441409321.429415.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I know I'm not supposed to be posting on this thread but, that's about where I was thinking you should be able to get through the firewall :crazyeyes:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well, I know I'm not supposed to be posting on this thread but, that's about where I was thinking you should be able to get through the firewall :crazyeyes:

How dare you, or anyone else without a 2015, post in this thread.

Ant's JK

Take a coat hanger, pull out the grommet in the engine bay in front of the drivers side and stick it almost straight down through it, it will come out around the clutch then you can run the wires where ever you like.

Top Bottom