what do you all think of the Quadratec parts?

zchurch

Not to impose on the post but what do you all think of the Quadratec parts? I am maybe a light moderate wheeler mainly because of low funds, which causes me to spend on a budget. I have had some of their stuff before. I had their $299 winch on my last YJ and it did excellent for what I thought it would do. I have their 9000 synthetic line on my TJ now and haven't got to use it yet but before I start getting bumpers etc. what experience have you all had?

Jk909

Not to impose on the post but what do you all think of the Quadratec parts? I am maybe a light moderate wheeler mainly because of low funds, which causes me to spend on a budget. I have had some of their stuff before. I had their $299 winch on my last YJ and it did excellent for what I thought it would do. I have their 9000 synthetic line on my TJ now and haven't got to use it yet but before I start getting bumpers etc. what experience have you all had?

I just tried the quadratec 9500 out today and it worked great. There are some members on here that run them and they have given me positive feedback as well.

zchurch

I just tried the quadratec 9500 out today and it worked great. There are some members on here that run them and they have given me positive feedback as well.

That's good to know. I need a front bumper but I'm in a bind because I am on a budget but I want something that is going to protect my winch and front end in the event of a accident but still cut back enough for rock crawling. I like Quadratec's QRC front bumper but I'd like to know that it can hold up if I hit something. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441681113.263895.jpg

Jk909

That's good to know. I need a front bumper but I'm in a bind because I am on a budget but I want something that is going to protect my winch and front end in the event of a accident but still cut back enough for rock crawling. I like Quadratec's QRC front bumper but I'd like to know that it can hold up if I hit something. View attachment 163906

DOM wall tubing all comes from the same place and it's rather strong. I can't tell you how the welds are going to look though

Jackal01

I have had the Q9000S for a couple years or so. I first had it on a 2012 WK2 I used to have and now it is on the JK until I buy a Warn next summer with my 3rd phase. If I had the money at the time I would have bought a Warn but we had a 2 week CO trip quickly approaching and had to get it installed fast. I wasn't able to save up enough, fast enough. Hasn't let me down though.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

In all fairness, Quadratec winches are the exact same Chinese made winches that all the other vendors sell only with their decals on them. You literally can buy them for dirt cheap on Alibaba so long as you buy their minimum requirement and they will even put Jk909 on it if you want. It's great that yours has been working so far and with any luck, it will stay that way. I personally would NOT recommend buying any safety equipment that is made in China.

Angry Aussie

In all fairness, Quadratec winches are the exact same Chinese made winches that all the other vendors sell only with their decals on them. You literally can buy them for dirt cheap on Alibaba so long as you buy their minimum requirement and they will even put Jk909 on it if you want. It's great that yours has been working so far and with any luck, it will stay that way. I personally would NOT recommend buying any safety equipment that is made in China.

I have a quadratec winch and it's a piece of junk! It smokes anytime I have used it and I've only had to use it a few times! I hate it and wish like hell I would have gotten a warn. I'm with eddy on this one. I don't trust that my quadratec winch at all.

zchurch

Well Lord be willing mine will last me long enough til I can get a warn. Eventually I won't be on a tight budget and can buy quality. Thanks for the input.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I would also want to comment on how these companies are selling us their inexpensive but failure prone products. But I want to ask that everyone not lose sight of the bigger picture. The bigger economic picture.

Every time you buy one of these products based SOLELY on PRICE, you are not only cutting yourself off at the knees, but also your neighbors, friends, family members, etc. It is simple, when you do not support your local economy and your money goes overseas, the United States suffers. Think about it, the Chinese are worried that their economic growth is not as high as expected, GDP down to 7.3% from 7.4%. REALLY??!?! The US growth rate as GDP has been around 3.47 to 3.91% the last 4 years. So China has a growth rate TWICE what ours is.

So keep buying that Chinese crap. Go to Walmart and support the "new normal" with lowered employee benefits and pay. Buy products from companies that outsource their customer service to India. Because it all trickles down. Soon you will all be out of a job.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a qtech 9000 winch and it works fine over the past 4 years of light use. That being said it is the same Chinese made winch as any other one out there as Wayalife mentioned. It's really a hit or miss as to if you get a good one that will last.

Wardell

Yeah, have to agree with Eddie on the winch. If you skimp on safety equipment and it fails on you, you're better off having gone out without it. Also, I'm of the mindset of "buy once, cry once." I'd rather save up for a winch worth buying and only have to buy it once rather than plan to upgrade. That might mean you have to wait a few more months to save up, but unless you're about to go on an epic wheeling trip what's the rush?

As far as their bumpers go, I'm not sure since I have no personal experience with them and don't know anyone who runs them. There are other low end brands like Smittybilt that tend to have fit and quality control problems, but I haven't heard of similar issues with Quadratec. I'd check some of the build threads on here to see what people running their bumpers have thought.

All that said, Quadratec also has a bunch of other little accessories that are useful, and I do like their mirrors I bought for when I run doorless.

Brent McCartney

I would also want to comment on how these companies are selling us their inexpensive but failure prone products. But I want to ask that everyone not lose sight of the bigger picture. The bigger economic picture.

Every time you buy one of these products based SOLELY on PRICE, you are not only cutting yourself off at the knees, but also your neighbors, friends, family members, etc. It is simple, when you do not support your local economy and your money goes overseas, the United States suffers. Think about it, the Chinese are worried that their economic growth is not as high as expected, GDP down to 7.3% from 7.4%. REALLY??!?! The US growth rate as GDP has been around 3.47 to 3.91% the last 4 years. So China has a growth rate TWICE what ours is.

So keep buying that Chinese crap. Go to Walmart and support the "new normal" with lowered employee benefits and pay. Buy products from companies that outsource their customer service to India. Because it all trickles down. Soon you will all be out of a job.

Support America! Buy American made goods.

IgotaWoody39

buying chinese is an American thing, Europeans buy European products, only here in American are the majority of chinese products sold...personally myself, you want quality, then American made is the way to go...cost more sure, but you only have to buy it once...

Top Bottom