Now waving from Bristol, TN

Kyle09Rubi

So glad to finally get the chance to jump back on Wayalife!

I've had quite a busy past 4 months and neglected my Jeep and ultimately Wayalife. I'm now waving to you guys from Bristol, TN. An hour from Boone and Asheville and not too far from all of you Kentucky/Virginia guys. More importantly, I am not far at all from lots of wheeling areas and it is time to get back into the Escape Pod and being more of an active member of Wayalife. I've carried over all of my history from my previous wave thread to sort of start fresh. Glad to be back guys! I've got a lot of catching up to do on the big builds happening now. It seems like there are quite a few new names popping up around here.

First up were my WJs. The blue was my mom's first jeep that I purchased from her when I turned 18. Had about 6" of lift on a long arm setup from IRO. The black was my DD at the time and had the 4.7 H.O. with some go-fast goodies.

Next came my first Wrangler. She was an 01 Sahara with 4" lift, 8.8 rear, and 33s. I loved how simple this jeep was and of course the interior colors were awesome!

After the Sahara came my first JK. She was an X with the 6speed, Band-Aid d30 in the front and d44 rear, 2.5" RK, 35s and some bumpers. This was my first time spending the money to try and create a jeep with a color scheme. I had all the armor and fenders sandblasted and powdercoated. I'll most likely be going the color scheme route on my new Rubi but will probably stick with the rattle cans. Much cheaper and easier to repair if banged up.

I sold my JK for a WK2. This was my 2015 Altitude. 4x4, tow package, all the goodies. This jeep was freaking sweet and a real joy to drive around but never really felt like a jeep to me. I found a dealership that wanted it more than I did so I traded her in for my new Rubi.

And here is the Rubi. Probably will name her something with Rubi in the title as I remember growing up thinking how cool it would be to have a set of those hood stickers and now I finally have them. I took her up to the mountains last weekend on a snowboard trip. I finally feel like I am back in a jeep again!

zchurch

Welcome from Norton VA! But in Bristol VA until December if you go on any rides let me know. I don't know of any places to go while I'm over here!

Kyle09Rubi

Thanks for all of the waves guys.

Hello from Bristol as well! I live near volunteer parkway, let's hit the trail sometime!

Welcome from Norton VA! But in Bristol VA until December if you go on any rides let me know. I don't know of any places to go while I'm over here!

Looks like I've got some neighbors up here! I live on Broad street about a mile off Volunteer.

I'm not really sure of any trails around here but I do see plenty of muddy jeeps. Not sure if they are treading lightly though. Have you guys checked out the Windrock ride coming up in October? I'm trying my best to have the jeep (and lady friend) ready for that.

Top Bottom