Driveline questions on 07 Sahara Jku

Dopey84

Ok so I'm fixing to change both front and rear differential fluid and transfer case fluid... All completely stock so my assumption is I have a Dana 30 front and 44 rear. I'm assuming I have a Lsd. But am not sure. Will synthetic gear oil be enough or do I still need to use additive? And what's the best transfer case fluid to use as well?

Dopey84

I saw the write up but it mentioned a Dana 44 front.. So I was just making sure I had a Dana 30 since that was my assumption.. Either way I'll still be using eddie's write up

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so I'm fixing to change both front and rear differential fluid and transfer case fluid... All completely stock so my assumption is I have a Dana 30 front and 44 rear. I'm assuming I have a Lsd. But am not sure. Will synthetic gear oil be enough or do I still need to use additive? And what's the best transfer case fluid to use as well?

As you have found, my write-up should help you out. IF you really do have a LSD in the rear, synth oil WILL have friction modifier in it. You will NOT have an LSD up front.

Dopey84

I was confused as well. I'm thinking maybe he knows the guy or some kind of inside joke. Too early to process that one.

Definitely don't know the guy... And was also confused by his posting.. As I only really post up when I have questions I'm unsure of... I'm sure he was just looking for his "opportunity" to troll as he obviously had nothing better to do since this was a fairly old posting...

Dopey84

As you have found, my write-up should help you out. IF you really do have a LSD in the rear, synth oil WILL have friction modifier in it. You will NOT have an LSD up front.

Yes thank you the write up helped me out I appreciate the time you take to do these write ups

WJCO

Meme King
Definitely don't know the guy... And was also confused by his posting.. As I only really post up when I have questions I'm unsure of... I'm sure he was just looking for his "opportunity" to troll as he obviously had nothing better to do since this was a fairly old posting...

He must have heard about all the awesome chips we have up for auction over here.

Top Bottom