325/65/18 on stock wheel and rear?

Hoyt Ag

Any harm in running 325/65/18 on stock wheel (with spacers and 3" lift) and rear? I currently run 275/70/18 Duratracs and wanted to go a little bigger tire on the next set. If this suggestion is not a good set up, then what might be a good tire choice in between? 50% DD and 50% on sand/mud trails.

Wethy

Any harm in running 325/65/18 on stock wheel (with spacers and 3" lift) and rear? I currently run 275/70/18 Duratracs and wanted to go a little bigger tire on the next set. If this suggestion is not a good set up, then what might be a good tire choice in between? 50% DD and 50% on sand/mud trails.

A lot of people run a 315/70/17 and the tire is basically the same overall diameter and most run the 315 with no issues and I can't imagine an extra 10mm is gonna make it an issue. But that's just my opinion I'm sure others will chime in

The 325 with a lower aspect ratio means wider. The interweb calculators say the width will be ~12.8. how close are you to rubbing the rear sway links on the tire now? If you have plenty of room you should be okay, but if you are close this added width may be an issue.

An alternate size would be 305/70r18 These will be a touch taller and narrower than the 325/65

Hoyt Ag

I see that Nitto Trail Grapps come in 295/70/18 and would be a slight increase all around and another good option. Not many choices in 18" wheels, but the Grapps and Duratracs available seem like good options.

Hoyt Ag

The 325 with a lower aspect ratio means wider. The interweb calculators say the width will be ~12.8. how close are you to rubbing the rear sway links on the tire now? If you have plenty of room you should be okay, but if you are close this added width may be an issue.

An alternate size would be 305/70r18 These will be a touch taller and narrower than the 325/65

Here is what I am currently running. It might be too close on the rear for the 325/70s...

20150930_064008_resized.jpg 20150930_064033_resized.jpg

Here is what I am currently running. It might be too close on the rear for the 325/70s...

I can't really tell for sure... The rub on the front will be at full turn and stuff. The usual places are the sway-bar link and backside at the frame. Also, remember that when the rear axle twists the sway-bar will move a bit side-to-side. Some of this can be mitigated by the clamps Eddie posted a few weeks ago, but some is from the bar twisting. Just giving you a heads up on potential spots.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Just so we're all on the same page, the tire size you are looking at has an actual measurement that is close to 35". In case you weren't aware, an advertised 37x12.50 tire will have an actual measurement that is about 35" as well. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of the kind of things you really should be looking at above and beyond running them on your factory wheels. Things like new gears, new drive shafts and new front axle shafts and depending on if you have a Rubicon or not and how hard you play, a new front axle. Just trying to put things into perspective.

Top Bottom