HELP! Picking a driveshaft

Bryantengland14

I have a 2007 JKUR. It has had a 3.5" lift for 60k miles. Well my driveshaft has started popping so I know it has to be changed. What driveshaft do I need to go to???

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have personally run JE Reel, Coast and have even had a few custom ones made at a local driveline shop and really, you can't go wrong with most anything out there SO LONG AS you make sure to get it with Neapco or Spicer u-joints. I personally would just steer clear of Tom Woods as he uses cheap Chinese u-joints standard. If you insist on getting one anyway, just make sure to upgrade to better u-joints.

I have personally run JE Reel, Coast and have even had a few custom ones made at a local driveline shop and really, you can't go wrong with most anything out there SO LONG AS you make sure to get it with Neapco or Spicer u-joints. I personally would just steer clear of Tom Woods as he uses cheap Chinese u-joints standard. If you insist on getting one anyway, just make sure to upgrade to better u-joints.

Thanks Eddie and OP, Eddie has stated this before and I didn't want to bug him again for the info. I plan on buying a new front shaft soon and couldn't remember which one you said to say away from.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie and OP, Eddie has stated this before and I didn't want to bug him again for the info. I plan on buying a new front shaft soon and couldn't remember which one you said to say away from.

Personally, I like using local driveline shops the most and I used to use JE Reel all the time because he was local to me. The benefit of using a local shop is that more times than not, their prices are competitive and if in the odd chance if you have any problems, it's easy to just take it to them and have it addressed. Also, if you play hard enough, it's not uncommon to knock off weights requiring a rebalance and if you put on enough miles, you'll need to have things like the double cardan rebuilt and a local shop is where you'll want to have it done. Just some food for thought.

Top Bottom