put em on or no?

RockyJk

So im trading my 33s for some 35" hankook dynapro mts this weekend should i wait to put em until i get the evo c gussets or can i run em without the gussets? Also anything else i should upgrade? Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So long as you aren't planning on doing any wheeling, I would put em on. If you are wheeling, I'd wait till after you get gussets installed.

RockyJk

So long as you aren't planning on doing any wheeling, I would put em on. If you are wheeling, I'd wait till after you get gussets installed.

I think ill wait till i get the gussets installed lol i know of i throw the tires ima wanna go wheeling, ill just roll around on the stock 225s for a bit :/

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think ill wait till i get the gussets installed lol i know of i throw the tires ima wanna go wheeling, ill just roll around on the stock 225s for a bit :/

LOL!! I know how tempting it would be to run a trail with them but, you're C's will bend if you do. Better to be patient... just in case. :crazyeyes:

RockyJk

LOL!! I know how tempting it would be to run a trail with them but, you're C's will bend if you do. Better to be patient... just in case. :crazyeyes:

Lol yea better safe than sorry i guess i can enjoy better gas mileage on the stocks too haha thanks for the info

I just bought 40's on Walker Evans wheels!:eek:

I finally have everything I need to get my rig on the trail and I can't tell you how tempted I am to run them, but I'm doing the right thing and having them dis-mounted before I pick them up... lol. There just isn't any money in the cards for 60's... yet.

Now to find some folks who are looking for a used set of 40's! :crazyeyes:

Hope to see you running around town one of these days :beer:

RockyJk

I finally have everything I need to get my rig on the trail and I can't tell you how tempted I am to run them, but I'm doing the right thing and having them dis-mounted before I pick them up... lol. There just isn't any money in the cards for 60's... yet.

40s!!! :O lol yea man hope to see you too wanna meet more people from the forum so far only one I've met is ray haha

Metalmasher

ProfessionalDriver said:

The day you get your 60's you have that big o sigh of relief ! Especially when your running 40" tires

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I've been carrying a 35" on my stock carrier for two years now and everything is holding great. I think as long as you extend the bump stops to hold it firm it's ok but do it only as long as you need until upgrading

RockyJk

I've been carrying a 35" on my stock carrier for two years now and everything is holding great. I think as long as you extend the bump stops to hold it firm it's ok but do it only as long as you need until upgrading

Awesome haha i will extend the bumpstops until i can afford a tire carrier

MTG

Caught the Bug
rockyjk07 said:
Awesome haha i will extend the bumpstops until i can afford a tire carrier

Did the same with mine for several months. Daystar makes some extensions, my tire also rested on the stock bumper which helped.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, it's the jiggling of the larger and heavier spare that'll do the most damage. If you can mitigate that, you'll be able to make it work longer. The Daystar extensions will help to make this possible but, it really should only be a temporary solution. Over time, the weight will still take it's toll on your tailgate's hinges and welds.

Serg5000

As mentioned, it's the jiggling of the larger and heavier spare that'll do the most damage. If you can mitigate that, you'll be able to make it work longer. The Daystar extensions will help to make this possible but, it really should only be a temporary solution. Over time, the weight will still take it's toll on your tailgate's hinges and welds.

I know this first hand. My 35 ended up jiggling enough that in about three months the inside tail gate welds gave way. I am one if the lucky ones that have a welder and was able to fix it.

Top Bottom