Steering Slippage/Bump Steering Problems

NAUXJ

So I have a 2013 JK with a 2.5" budget boost, and Ive been having problems with my steering system lately. Occasionally I'll have some bump steering issues, but mostly my main issue is that if I hit a bump in the road while turning, my steering wheel will turn more so in the direction I was turning while my wheels stay at the same angle I intended them to be at, then once I straiten out, my steering wheel will be off center and it causes my ESC to go nuts. This happens to my steering wheel going both directions, at first I figured this was because of some loos steering components but I have tightened down all of the bolts associated with my tie rod, track bar and drag link and this issue is still occurring. This issue has been going on for about a month now, and today I just experienced a slight amount of death wobble, that went away on its own while driving. I'm worried that this steering issue might be starting to affect other parts of my jeep, and I'm really hoping for some help to figure this out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What 2.5" lift did you install? Was it something like a Full Traction kit that came with a track bar relocation bracket? If so, you need to get rid of the bracket. If not, remove your steering stabilizer and try to cycle it. If it sticks at all, it could have a bent shaft or dented can and that would cause what you're feeling too. That, or maybe check to see if it's catching on anything due to the tie-rod being bent.

Logan1982

Eddie how come you say you don't need the tb relocation bracket? I'm just curious. Is it something that really isn't necessary with that much lift?

Top Bottom