Gas pedal vibration at 35mph

jjlong

There's no vibration in the steering wheel, just gas pedal. It won't do it if I'm accelerating through 35, only if that's my cruising speed. It goes away at 40mph. It kinda feels like a tire balance problem but I would think I would feel it in the steering wheel? Any thoughts or suggestions?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks Overlander! I guess to confirm that I just need to remove the front shaft and see if it still happens. I have a Rubicon Express front and stock rear. Could it be the pinion angle?

Is it a recent t issue? How many miles on the shaft?

jjlong

Thanks Overlander! I guess to confirm that I just need to remove the front shaft and see if it still happens. I have a Rubicon Express front and stock rear. Could it be the pinion angle?

About 2000. It started a couple weeks ago.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There's no vibration in the steering wheel, just gas pedal. It won't do it if I'm accelerating through 35, only if that's my cruising speed. It goes away at 40mph. It kinda feels like a tire balance problem but I would think I would feel it in the steering wheel? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Is it a light vibration that oscillates? If so, definitely drive shaft and if I could guess, it'll come back at a much higher speed range like close to 80mph. Pull the front shaft to see if it's still there. If not, that's your problem.

If it's a "shimmy" in the steering wheel that's constant at that speed, it's most likely a balancing issue. Although, you typically wouldn't feel that in the pedal.

jjlong

Is it a light vibration that oscillates? If so, definitely drive shaft and if I could guess, it'll come back at a much higher speed range like close to 80mph. Pull the front shaft to see if it's still there. If not, that's your problem.

If it's a "shimmy" in the steering wheel that's constant at that speed, it's most likely a balancing issue. Although, you typically wouldn't feel that in the pedal.

I'm gonna remove the shaft this afternoon. I'll let you know, thanks guys.

Top Bottom