Tire recommendations

Krystianjk

So tomorrow I'll finally be pulling the trigger on some spyderlock beads, and I was wondering if anyone had any 37" tire recommendations? I was thinking mud grappler, and I've had the trail grapplers and I'm looking to try out something else ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445831534.879304.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So tomorrow I'll finally be pulling the trigger on some spyderlock beads, and I was wondering if anyone had any 37" tire recommendations? I was thinking mud grappler, and I've had the trail grapplers and I'm looking to try out something else View attachment 170946

Honestly you can't go wrong with either tire. The trails will be a lot quieter than the muds so if noise is an issue your not going to like them

Krystianjk

Honestly you can't go wrong with either tire. The trails will be a lot quieter than the muds so if noise is an issue your not going to like them
Nah noise won't be a problem at all lol, I've gotten used to it
BFG mud terrains if you're looking for a mud tire with longevity

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445874565.289914.jpg nvm I thought you put good year, but do you know If this tire is any good?

Dyerjk

BFG KM2's have been real nice. I do lots of rock crawling. Search the site for them and see what's said.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you're okay with the noise, Mud Grapplers are a good tire and one that I would recommend.

MT/R's are without question the WORST tire I have ever run and I would not recommend them. They are very difficult to balance, have funny road manners due to their directional like tread design and their sidewalls are super weak.

noroad

If you are going between Nitto trails and Muds I would say Trails! They are pretty good in the mud, great on the rocks and dirt. from what I have seen it the mud grapplers are a great tire in all the same areas. but if you have off camber mud climbs they hold poorly on the sideways slides. Also don't know if this is a factor or not but Nittos are heavy!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you are going between Nitto trails and Muds I would say Trails! They are pretty good in the mud, great on the rocks and dirt. from what I have seen it the mud grapplers are a great tire in all the same areas. but if you have off camber mud climbs they hold poorly on the sideways slides. Also don't know if this is a factor or not but Nittos are heavy!

I have not seen this happen with my Mud Grapplers but, I could see how that could happen. Of the two, I would say that the Trail Grapplers are a better all around tire.

noroad

I have not seen this happen with my Mud Grapplers but, I could see how that could happen. Of the two, I would say that the Trail Grapplers are a better all around tire.

Its not super common, but if you get in the right spot they slide a little, which could end in some tree bump or something of that nature.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Mud tire I mud a lot in Miami

Fast forward to 9:27 and you will see our Jeep running Mud Grapplers and clearing a line on a muddy hill that nobody else was able to clear that day.

At least from what I have seen, these tires work well in the sticky stuff.

Jeepinfor5

If you're okay with the noise, Mud Grapplers are a good tire and one that I would recommend.

MT/R's are without question the WORST tire I have ever run and I would not recommend them. They are very difficult to balance, have funny road manners due to their directional like tread design and their sidewalls are super weak.

Absolutely correct about the balancing, after several attempts it's only gotten worse.

Top Bottom