Shocks for a 4inch lift

rogerk93

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445892523.161527.jpg I'm looking into shock for a 4 inch lift. I don't have the lift yet but putting it together so when it comes time I have everything ready to put on. I've been looking into king shocks and was wondering how do they ride? Or if you guys recommend anything else. My price range is around $1500 for shocks.

JakeJK

View attachment 171103 I'm looking into shock for a 4 inch lift. I don't have the lift yet but putting it together so when it comes time I have everything ready to put on. I've been looking into king shocks and was wondering how do they ride? Or if you guys recommend anything else. My price range is around $1500 for shocks.

Dear God I'd just get some rancho 9000s and use the rest of the money for something else but I'm a broke college student so that's just me haha

Heavyhaul07

I've used king's on other vehicles lice chase trucks and race trucks. Love them. Haven't used them on a jk. I have fox 2.0 on my jk and very happy with them. I've also have used for on a lot of other off road vehicles. They were 10 min from my house

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
View attachment 171103 I'm looking into shock for a 4 inch lift. I don't have the lift yet but putting it together so when it comes time I have everything ready to put on. I've been looking into king shocks and was wondering how do they ride? Or if you guys recommend anything else. My price range is around $1500 for shocks.

For $1500 you can buy the EVO enforcer with valved King shocks. I wouldn't buy shocks like that off google.

JAGS

Hooked
It's pretty hard to beat the King 2.5 shocks. Depending on the lift you pair them with, you can get nearly comparable to a CO set up.

I'm running the 2.5s with the EVO Enforcer. It's been awesome on and of the trail.

To re-state what Overlander said, consider buying them from ORE/KING/other reputable vendor so you know they are valved properly.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
As mentioned by Overlander, I would buy from ORE, as they will have the King shocks with or without bypass and valved specifically for a JK. No telling what type of valving the Kings from google come with. In my opinion, Kings are the best shocks you can get.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking into shock for a 4 inch lift. I don't have the lift yet but putting it together so when it comes time I have everything ready to put on. I've been looking into king shocks and was wondering how do they ride? Or if you guys recommend anything else. My price range is around $1500 for shocks.

I see that you're from NY and I know that you guys have some shitty roads but, are you planning on bombing through them? Because, that's what a set of shocks like this are really good for, driving hard and fast through the desert. If not, you literally will be paying a TON of money for a set of shocks that you will never get to fully use and appreciate.

rogerk93

I see that you're from NY and I know that you guys have some shitty roads but, are you planning on bombing through them? Because, that's what a set of shocks like this are really good for, driving hard and fast through the desert. If not, you literally will be paying a TON of money for a set of shocks that you will never get to fully use and appreciate.

What shocks would you recommend? I rather have a good shock for a little bit of everything then learn the expensive way.

JakeJK

Rancho 9000xls man they're adjustable and rancho is running a deal until the 31st that you buy 4 for the price of 3

It's a mail in rebate but still

Top Bottom