Wave from Northern CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

geberhard

Douchebag
th_242735.gif

Brace yourselves, I came into the Jk side of the web :) I found the site a while back, and came across good write-ups and vids form Eddie and the gang here. I have been into Jeeps forever, I bulit, wheeled, broke and repeat a lot of them, and I like wrenching, long walks on the beach and sometime driving over people at the beach. I like wrenching and am glad to help a hand or two to anyone that needs on the garage, trail, etc. I have had multiple YJ's, buggies, CJ's TJ's but like many here needed more space for the family and needed something a bit more streetable.

Some of my past rigs:

YTJ - [EDITED LINK]

IMGP2300.jpg

IMGP2334.jpg

Hot 40 year old Cruggy

IMGP0298.jpg

IMGP0307.jpg

My current TJ:

IMGP0556.jpg

IMG_0762_zpsdp5omt88.jpg

I picked up this 4 door 08 JK, which has been a daily driver and well-loved ride by the previous owner. Was well maintained by the dealer, and drives great. My girls already nick named her “red cheeks”, and the goal is\was to build a somewhat budget Jeep, mild build up and keep it streetable. The streetable part is key here per wife’s requirements ;)

I appreciate everyone’s input and suggestions as even though I am around JK’s they are a completely different animal to me compared to other Jeeps I owned or wrenched on before. Like many of you, I love the extra space, look and feel of the 4 door, wheelbase, and relatively ease of build as everyone and their dog build parts for these rides what is great. Here is the plan: mild wheeler on 35’s, rock protection, family wheeling rig that can drive to (and hopefully back from) the trail without a trailer (already have a trailer queen), keep her streetable and street legal in CA, what is always a feat on itself :bleh:

I got rid of the steelie shitty looking wheels as soon as I got her and then bought some AEV wheels and Baja tires of the 35" flavor. First mod was trimming the spot by the rocker.

20150413_075614_zpschzckqxc.jpg

I could not bear tearing up these nice wheels on teh trail so I swapped in a set of MTR's I had on some wheels (also 35"). We did a few camping trips and was fun to drive her to the trail (mild). I am now debating keeping her and building (I just picked upa set of One ton's), or buying my friend's semi built Rubicon and swapping teh One tons in.

Will start a write up thread of sorts and definitely appreciate everyone’s input and ideas.

Thanks!

Gui

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Having problems selling your JK on Pirate?

Don't get me wrong but really, you should try Craigslist. I have sold a lot of Jeeps through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom