ABS and track control light

jedg

Maybe you have a tire that's way low.. you're low tire pressure light is on?

Otherwise ABS/Traction control could be wheel speed sensor or if you've had a lift installed it could be due to that or several other causes. Anything worked on or changed?

Torqt JK

Maybe you have a tire that's way low.. you're low tire pressure light is on?

Otherwise ABS/Traction control could be wheel speed sensor or if you've had a lift installed it could be due to that or several other causes. Anything worked on or changed?

Pressure light is always on, its not that. Only thing recent that I have done is a battery swap a few days ago.

Heavyhaul07

Disconnect battery positive and negative terminals. Zip tie or hold the to terminal together for 10 min. Reconnect the battery and see if lights go away. If they come back take to shop and have codes pulled. Or look up how to get the codes. From the dash

WJCO

Meme King
You can run down to your local Oreillys. They have free scan-capability for ABS systems. They can at least get you a code.

Kavanji

inflate all your tires to the same pressure then go drive a few miles.
this should reset the lights if the steering wheel is true.
those two lights usually come on when you drive a certain distance with the steering wheel of center.

Torqt JK

So to day these additional lights came on, (check engine and break) jeep went into limp mode. Took it into dealership. Gotta wait till early next week until they can get to it. SMH

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447448841.821518.jpg

naysjp

Caught the Bug
THIS is what scares me about the JK. Way too many electronics. I know all the vehicles are pretty much electronic but these are too much. The tire sensor flip me out. When we air down and the tire sensor shows low tire, I think "no duh, I just aired down". Once you air back up, you have to drive a bit for the low tire light to disappear. The TJ didn't have all those lights. Pretty much the check engine light came on and you looked for codes. Have this JK is like having a Cadillac after having an economy car. LOL

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Mine was my pcm, traction cotrol system and abs module all went bad, estimate to fix all was $2300.00 my jeep will not come out of limp mode

Need to add my wiring harness has a short in it as well, it's been at dealer for 4 weeks now [emoji37]

gary2

I damaged both speed sensors when doing Ball Joints. I normally unplug them from behind the shock tower BUT, I had just been watching some U tube videos just to see if I could learn something new being I hate doing Ball Joints. I noticed some people left the plug alone and removed the sensor from the hub instead . I guess I should of stuck to my original way and just unplugged it . I replaced my drivers side which turned the lights out. Occasionally the lights will come back on when I first start to move and quickly goe out . I bought two so I have one for the passenger side if it becomes an issue .

jorgelrod

Hooked
My front passenger sensor went bad and had it replaced, but everyonce in a while, I might be driving down the highway with the cruise control on and the abs/esp lights will come on, throw me out of cruise control only to turn back off after maybe a mile. I went back to the shop since they replaced it when I had the gears and locker done and they ran the scanner thinkin it might be another one but it turns out it's the same, could there be something else wrong besides the actual sensor? I mean I could have gotten a faulty one from the mopar store but I'm not sure if it might be something else...

dillard09

So I had my lights come on and changed drivers front wheel speed sensor only to have it come back in not more than 200 miles later. Turned out it was actually a bad unit bearing.

MonkeyLeo13

Yea it worth to make trip to Oreillys and scan it. I got ABS/Traction control light on last night so I went to Autozone today and they can't scan it unless there's engine light on. Of course I went to Oreillys. At first I got old guy to scan it and it came no error. I puzzled. I decided to go ahead and order front wheel sensor with different guy but same time I asked that young guy to see if they have different scan tool to detect ABS and see which one that sensor went bad. So that guy scanned it and good enough it found rear/left. I replaced wheel sensor, best 24 bucks I ever spent! But I haven't drive at least 5 miles so I will let you know if it came back again.

Torqt JK

Update for those of you that are interested...

What happened was somehow both front speed sensor wires had come unclipped from the last bracket closest to the sensor leaving them dangling.

Don't really know how this happened at the same time, maybe from last trail run or from high pressure wash afterwards, don't really know. Anyhow, the wires insulation rubbed off over time and shorted out.

Guess I need to keep an eye out for this in the future. Thanks for all the input everyone.

WJCO

Meme King
Update for those of you that are interested...

What happened was somehow both front speed sensor wires had come unclipped from the last bracket closest to the sensor leaving them dangling.

Don't really know how this happened at the same time, maybe from last trail run or from high pressure wash afterwards, don't really know. Anyhow, the wires insulation rubbed off over time and shorted out.

Guess I need to keep an eye out for this in the future. Thanks for all the input everyone.

Glad you found it.

Top Bottom