Heat problems

tonytiger128

My 2009 JK has not been blowing as hot as it should be lately. Usually it is a blast furnace as other guys have mentioned in their forums. I did a little research and found out that it could be the heater core that needs to be flushed. I flushed my radiator and heater core and filled them with the correct G-05 coolant. Its was warm for about 10 minutes then started to blow cool on the driver side and warm on the passenger side as before. I ordered a blend door actuator to install but cannot find anything anywhere as to where the blend door actuator is located. I took off the glove box out to access it but it is not there. Any info would be much appreciated thank you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that you did a flush, it could be that you have an air bubble in the system. When the engine is warm, are BOTH heater hoses hot? They should be and if they're not, you should try burping the system.

tonytiger128

Being that you did a flush, it could be that you have an air bubble in the system. When the engine is warm, are BOTH heater hoses hot? They should be and if they're not, you should try burping the system.

yeah both the heater core lines are hot. one warmer than the other. I'll try and flush it again.

jeeeep

Hooked
before you flush it again, double check all the air is out of the system - which may be what you mean by flushing.

put the front up on jack stands to let gravity help with the burping process. radiator cap off, let it idle with the heater on. if you see air bubbles that may solve you problem.

Fill as needed until all you see is coolant flowing, both hoses should now feel closer to the same temperature.

tonytiger128

WJCO,
It's actually both. the temp on the 2 driver side vents is cooler than passenger and the volume of air is less as well, which makes me think it's partially the blend door. I just have no idea where in the hell the blend door is located.

WJCO

Meme King
WJCO,
It's actually both. the temp on the 2 driver side vents is cooler than passenger and the volume of air is less as well, which makes me think it's partially the blend door. I just have no idea where in the hell the blend door is located.

I don't know either. You may be able to try disconnecting the battery for 10 seconds and then reconnecting it. I have seen this work before to reset memory. Sometimes the actuators get stuck.

JKCRWLR

I had the blend doors go out on my Chevy ½ ton almost yearly. Driver side would be hotter than hot and the passenger would blow a/c cold air.
Try using the a/c to s e what happens.
Blend door on the truck was buried in the dash. Mechanic charged 1.5 hrs each time.

Top Bottom