Evo rock sliders, rock skins and rust

Guascone

Hi , I’m buying the Evo sliders from a Italian dealers and I have a doubts:
1) If I wanted to add also the Evo skins in a second time , it is possible without trouble?
2) How can I do to prevent the rust on the sheet metal covered by the skins? I’m afraid that the mud could penetrate under the skins and due to the movement and the time it could generate rust…

Thanks!

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
It would be easiest to do the skins before the sliders. Once the sliders are on, it would be harder to drill the holes for the skins.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Evo instructions also say to run a bead of silicone around the skins before you put them on for good to help seal them up :thumb:

Guascone

Perfect!
I still have to order the sliders only or also the skins...so I have not yet the instruction but I would like to decide it before the shipping evaluating the different solutions...:)

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Perfect!
I still have to order the sliders only or also the skins...so I have not yet the instruction but I would like to decide it before the shipping evaluating the different solutions...:)

You can order them both at the same time, just put the skins on first.

iRonin

I screwed up and bought my sliders (welded) before buying skins... it does in fact impede you from getting a drill / nutsert tool in there to line them up. In a chance encounter with Mel, I asked him what I could do about it and he said they loosen the body mounts and just jack up each side a few inches to clear it. So for those who blew it like I did, there's hope :)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Another option is to get the custom angle sliders. If you do they give you plenty of clearance to add skins on at a later date as they don't et in the way of the nutsert

Guascone

I decided to buy it together...:)

I don't like so much the custom angle...I thin also that it is not so easy to find it here in Italy. We have few vendor that have the Evo product :(

One month ago I bought the PSC rocker knocker and after some days I discover that the seller sold me fake product coming from china...with some trouble I have got it back and now I'm moving to an other dealer more safty that sell the Evo product...

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
On the rust thing, I have a potential solution. If I get sliders, I intend to "paint" the entire surface of the body underneath the sliders with plasti-dip. The goal is to create a barrier of rubber between the slider and the body. I've seen people use gaskets, but water can still get under a gasket, especially with freeze/thaw. Water should not be able to get under the plastic-dip.

Again, this is just a theory. I haven't seen anyone try it but I think it would work.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
On the rust thing, I have a potential solution. If I get sliders, I intend to "paint" the entire surface of the body underneath the sliders with plasti-dip. The goal is to create a barrier of rubber between the slider and the body. I've seen people use gaskets, but water can still get under a gasket, especially with freeze/thaw. Water should not be able to get under the plastic-dip.

Again, this is just a theory. I haven't seen anyone try it but I think it would work.

Now that is a good idea, I think it would work very well if you do it in a thick coating like you are supposed to do.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Really good idea sharkey! I think it would work as well as long as you did the proper 4-6 coats

Ddays

Hooked
Evo instructions also say to run a bead of silicone around the skins before you put them on for good to help seal them up :thumb:

Did you silicone yours? I was afraid of moisture and that damn salt spray we get on our roads in the Winter getting trapped underneath them so I skipped that step. I figured I could spray the gap between the body and the skins in a carwash every now and then. I also bought stainless nutserts (ouch!) and siliconed them up before I inserted them into the body hoping to at least delay any rusting...

Ddays

Hooked

Well shit! :doh:

Top Bottom