Hot Heads Headliner

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that's a product I haven't heard anyone talk about in a long time!

To answer your question, if you're talking about the foam pieces that attach to your hard top, yeah, it kind of works.

Shantz

I heard great things about the hard top liner... I'll be getting one before next summer for sure!

Marauder

They work but tend to fall off/down. Ask them for extra velcro or go buy some at the hardware store. I doubled the velcro and it's works pretty well now.

Marauder

I have the hard top one. I have never heard or seen a soft top version. I wouldn't know why you would want one with a soft top. You could always pull the trigger and let us know how it turns out.

Brent McCartney

I have the hard top one. I have never heard or seen a soft top version. I wouldn't know why you would want one with a soft top. You could always pull the trigger and let us know how it turns out.

Ya I could, but I to hate to buy a worthless product, idea sounds good , especially on a cold ass day.

Marauder

The heater on blast and remote start sounds like a better plan. Trying to insulate a soft top is futile. You could always buy a used hard top to use during the winter months.

vitodivita

Had it on my previous Jeep, but since mopar came out with their headliners I don't see a reason to look anywhere else. Price is around $220 on eBay for a set.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
I hate hard tops. JMO. If you can't find it on WOL its probably junk. Lol

The JK hard top is easy to take off and put on compared to several others i've had/tried. It still is a bit leaky though even if you redo all the seals and stuff. However it's really useful in the event of cold/wet weather british and northern france type weather ( Rain, sleet, freezing temps etc.) Problem is: stashing the thing during the warm months.:thinking:

Brent McCartney

The JK hard top is easy to take off and put on compared to several others i've had/tried. It still is a bit leaky though even if you redo all the seals and stuff. However it's really useful in the event of cold/wet weather british and northern france type weather ( Rain, sleet, freezing temps etc.) Problem is: stashing the thing during the warm months.:thinking:

Yes, it putting it some where it won't get damaged, and having someone there to help.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
and having someone there to help.

it's quite easy to carry on your own: the trick is to plan space around you, balance it with the glass door open, sitting on the edge of the back of the jeep, lift it with arms extended and have a landing patch that is padded and high enough not to break your back. (I'm talking for a JK top..it works for me...)

If you have a garage and a bad back get a hoist.:thumb:

Rharvey160

Doesn't answer the question about the version for a soft top but I have for my 2 door hard top and they make a noticeable difference here in the heat of Texas. I chose the 3M tape attachment method and so far after over a year they are all holding on just fine.

WarriorJeep

Has any body tried the Hot Heads soft top Headliner. $199.00 Does it actually do anything to keep the warmth in?

So I don't own the product but I spent the day out wheeling with my friend who does have it installed on his soft top...

So...I swapped jeeps with him for a couple hours, heres my thoughts.

Mine, 2015 JKURHR with Bestop Trektop NX as it came out the box, no Hotheads stuff

His 2001 TJ with Bestop that's probably 6 years old, has Hothead stuff installed

Where, Jemez mountains FR-289, elevation 8800 feet, Temp 35 degrees F, No wind, Cloudy, just running some side trails taking pictures

After an hour in his jeep, I had to wonder why oh why did he install this stuff with a soft top, I wasn't any warmer, in fact it felt like it was holding the cold in more than keeping it out. On the up side it lent to a bit of sound deadening. His exhaust is much louder than mine so it was helpful there.

In summary, imho its... meh. If it was $59.99 I would buy it for my soft top. $200, naa ill go buy a voodoo rope or something more useful

The hard top version, love it. Modified it but I still love it. I added a layer of Mylar top my Hothead hard top panels, made it better by an order of magnitude

Brent McCartney

So I don't own the product but I spent the day out wheeling with my friend who does have it installed on his soft top...

So...I swapped jeeps with him for a couple hours, heres my thoughts.

Mine, 2015 JKURHR with Bestop Trektop NX as it came out the box, no Hotheads stuff

His 2001 TJ with Bestop that's probably 6 years old, has Hothead stuff installed

Where, Jemez mountains FR-289, elevation 8800 feet, Temp 35 degrees F, No wind, Cloudy, just running some side trails taking pictures

After an hour in his jeep, I had to wonder why oh why did he install this stuff with a soft top, I wasn't any warmer, in fact it felt like it was holding the cold in more than keeping it out. On the up side it lent to a bit of sound deadening. His exhaust is much louder than mine so it was helpful there.

In summary, imho its... meh. If it was $59.99 I would buy it for my soft top. $200, naa ill go buy a voodoo rope or something more useful

The hard top version, love it. Modified it but I still love it. I added a layer of Mylar top my Hothead hard top panels, made it better by an order of magnitude

Thanks, I didn't want to waste 200 bucks on something not useful.

Top Bottom