Soft Top-Hard Top

My soft top is getting older(07 stock top) and I was wanting to look into a new soft top! (Also I have half doors so to make sure all the canvas looks the same shade of black And I want clearer windows with a little bit of tint so I want to get new uppers eventually).. Well I'm curious what if would possibly take to take my soft top and make it a hard top but keep the half doors! I really like the freedom of always have them on. Any advice? What's the price for this to happen? Thanks guys!

scull20

I'm fairly certain that the half doors with OEM upper soft portion work with hard tops without issue.

There should be others on here who have actually done this who can confirm/deny.

I'm not sure of the price of a hard top these days, but I'm almost positive your best bet is to get it used rather than from the dealership.

Siebermd

Here are a couple pics of mine with Hard top/soft doors. It works just fine. I love my hard top. I no longer have those mirrors, I have switched to the Quadratec Spring loaded mirrors.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441395001.907918.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435428862.900150.jpg

You can run factory half doors and soft uppers with a hardtop and without any issues.

How do I go from a soft top to a hard top, I ask because soft tops have the frame to them and the plastic pieces that you can remove so what do I need for the hard top? The top, the freedom panels, anything to complete it?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
How do I go from a soft top to a hard top, I ask because soft tops have the frame to them and the plastic pieces that you can remove so what do I need for the hard top? The top, the freedom panels, anything to complete it?

You should install the 8 screws that hold the turtle back down. Two up by the freedom pannels and six in the trunk area. The hardtop you buy should come with them.

You should install the 8 screws that hold the turtle back down. Two up by the freedom pannels and six in the trunk area. The hardtop you buy should come with them.

Awesome! I didn't think it would be that easy! So if I buy the hard top it would come with the hardware needed to attach it to the cage?

Nicalife

I bought it used from a 2015. Mine is 2012 and worked just fine. It will cost about 500-700 to get the wiring necessary for the wiper and defrost. I opted not too.

Top Bottom