Rugged ridge, poison spyder, metal cloak?

1BAMF'nJKU

Was curious if anyone has the flat fenders from rugged ridge and how do you like them? I am referring to the ones that resemble the stock jk flares only trimmed....I have been considering them as one of my options! Also like the poison spyder standard width flat fenders, and if anyone has these that could give some info and pics would be great. Last I have considered the metal cloak hardline, over line, and overland flat fenders...also interested in hearing from those who have any of these and if you have pictures please share. Thanks and I look forward to any feedback!

werks

I looked into the Rugged Ridge replacement fenders and the feedback that I got from most was that they were way to flimsy, flapped around and some even mentioned blew off driving down the road lol. In regards to metal fenders, the big fear there seems to be potential body damage from pushing your fenders up against rocks or tree's so it seems that most on this forum stick with trimmed OEM fenders which is the route that I plan on going too.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Was curious if anyone has the flat fenders from rugged ridge and how do you like them? I am referring to the ones that resemble the stock jk flares only trimmed....I have been considering them as one of my options! Also like the poison spyder standard width flat fenders, and if anyone has these that could give some info and pics would be great. Last I have considered the metal cloak hardline, over line, and overland flat fenders...also interested in hearing from those who have any of these and if you have pictures please share. Thanks and I look forward to any feedback!

Just trim the stock ones to get the Rugged Ridge look.

Or look into the MCE flares.

mds22

Trim the stock and they can look just like the MCE but for free.
If you don't like that look and like to spend money, my favorites are the ones from Crawler Concepts better than the Poison Spyder's. I got Nemesis Odyssey simple b/c I like the way they look.
If I was smart I would have just trimmed my factory ones. But I love the look of mine.

Trim the factory one that's what I did and went to the auto parts store and got two rolls of the black door trim and put that on the edges looks clean that way ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448929512.501116.jpg

1BAMF'nJKU

I've never seen the nemesis fenders until a recent Google search. Pretty badass....does anyone have pictures of their jeep with them on? I cannot find a good close up of the nemesis rear fender where it meets the jeep. Seems like it is tight against the body rather than in the stamped factory crease like the front. Thanks

mds22

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449035329.866761.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449035342.138136.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449035360.646480.jpg not sure what angle you want, these are the ones I have still on my phone. Try to take a close up of the rear tomorrow

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Trimmed fenders are the way to go flexible free and does the exact same thing as aftermarket fenders they gives you more clearance.

1BAMF'nJKU

I have been thinking about it, and may go that route, but don't care for the look of trimmed. Would do it to save the cash and for the functionality of it. Thank you all for your help and input.

Hot94Z28

Preference but I liked the bushwacker ones, I have them and really like them but if you wheel around tight areas or rocks a lot I would want to just cut the stock ones.

Mine,
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449048602.851999.jpg

projectMMTB

I'm gonna say something that may or may not get hate but if you don't want the task of trimming but want the look of a trimmed stock flare, take a look at smittybilt. They have xrc fender flares for less than bushwackers I believe. They're only like $290 I for the set
I would recommend them from seeing a buddy run them who didn't want to trim his fenders but wanted the look.
Or save up and get a nice set such as gen right or poison spyder

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm gonna say something that may or may not get hate but if you don't want the task of trimming but want the look of a trimmed stock flare, take a look at smittybilt. They have xrc fender flares for less than bushwackers I believe. They're only like $290 I for the set
I would recommend them from seeing a buddy run them who didn't want to trim his fenders but wanted the look.
Or save up and get a nice set such as gen right or poison spyder

The smittybuilt ones are not bad and I would agree they are good if you don't want to tackle trimming them yourself. Another option is you could always find a junk set of stock fenders from the junk yard to hack up and practice on. Or do what I did, and many other, and buck up, measure 50 times, then cut lol

View attachment 175830 I found this picture of them on a different forum
Thank you for posting the pic and not a link to the pic

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Problem with the smittys is the lack of tire coverage since he is in PA. They are a great budget option tho for trimmed narrow fenders and one I would consider getting if I could run them.

BigPrince

I love my MetalCloaks and their clearance.

Photo%20Oct%2019%2C%205%2029%2000%20PM.jpg

projectMMTB

Problem with the smittys is the lack of tire coverage since he is in PA. They are a great budget option tho for trimmed narrow fenders and one I would consider getting if I could run them.

Oh gotcha
Yeah they're definitely thin
I've got a buddy who runs smitty fronts and no fenders on the rear just evo armor and he got pulled over for speeding the other day (yes in a jeep believe it or not[emoji23]) and they didn't say a word about it

Top Bottom