Jawbone to Lake Isabella 12-6

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Anyone been on the trail from Jawbone to lake Isabella ?

It looks fairly easy, dirt roads etc. wondering if the trail is passable right now with snow ? If it is, I'll be running it Sunday if anyone is interested.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449067049.156920.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449067060.809011.jpg

JKRicky

I might be interested. I told the kids I was going to take them to the snow Sunday. What time are you thinking of heading out?

Yes and it's totally passable with a ford CV....lol

It's been a couple years since I've driven it. There was a few gates that you have to open/close which is always sketchy cause there was locks hanging on the gates but not latched. Would have sucked to get to a locked gate a couple hours in. If you don't have one already pick up the newest "friends of jawbone" map at the ranger station. With all the windmill crap going on in jawbone there might be some changes to the route that's in that book.

If anything the snow will make it fun and not dusty.

Edit*
Funny cause the day after I bought this jk the wife and I drove this exact route. She was prego at the time and wanted to go out so we chose this trail cause how smooth it is.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449068330.773565.jpg . Great views once your above or at the treeline

Take pictures!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449068455.417290.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449068455.417290.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Yes and it's totally passable with a ford CV....lol

It's been a couple years since I've driven it. There was a few gates that you have to open/close which is always sketchy cause there was locks hanging on the gates but not latched. Would have sucked to get to a locked gate a couple hours in. If you don't have one already pick up the newest "friends of jawbone" map at the ranger station. With all the windmill crap going on in jawbone there might be some changes to the route that's in that book.

If anything the snow will make it fun and not dusty.

Edit*
Funny cause the day after I bought this jk the wife and I drove this exact route. She was prego at the time and wanted to go out so we chose this trail cause how smooth it is.

View attachment 175839 . Great views once your above or at the treeline

Take pictures!

Bolt cutters check! Lol
Thanks! Good plan on the windmills never though of that !

rubicrawl

If they are Edison locks and if I join you guys well then no need to cut locks I'll see what I have planned Sunday

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Been years since we've run that trail but as mentioned, it's easy and with some great views. If you're lucky, there will be snow on it :cool:

jesse3638

Hooked
Just kidding I would never cut a lock .

Wish I could make it but have plans on Saturday, Christmas lights at the Mission Inn in Riverside. Also it's usually easier to cut the chain..;). I mean so I've heard. I have an FS key so I don't cut them either..haha

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Wish I could make it but have plans on Saturday, Christmas lights at the Mission Inn in Riverside. Also it's usually easier to cut the chain..;). I mean so I've heard. I have an FS key so I don't cut them either..haha

Lol! I knew I should have gave FF a discount ! Lol

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
We'll just meet in the parking lot at jawbone canyon at 9am.

The trail is 54 miles, so we'll have to keep a good pace.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449297129.751933.jpg

Top Bottom