JCR Offroad JK Fenders

Jeffk24

Has anyone installed these yet? I know they are relatively new to the market (at least the fenders are) and wanted to see if anyone has them installed yet.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Didn't know they made fenders. Just checked them out and they look nice. Especially the narrow ones.

For what it's worth, I prefer to run stock flares trimmed to my preferred design. It's free and they are very resilient. I kissed a rock with my rear flare and it flexed and barely suffered a scuff.

Jeffk24

That is one of the reasons I am going to steel. The plastics do give well and actually did very well. But eventually their was a tree with my front fenders name on it...lol. Decided to go with a narrower steel fender.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is one of the reasons I am going to steel. The plastics do give well and actually did very well. But eventually their was a tree with my front fenders name on it...lol. Decided to go with a narrower steel fender.

Steel tube fenders are tough for sure - so much so that I have seen them take a hard hit by a tree or rock only to transfer the energy to the thin body of the JK and buckle it in. Even if JCR made good products, I'll take my trimmed factory fenders any day of the week. Of course, I'm just a mall crawler so you can take that for what it's worth.

Skid_Kid

I have their slider/rock skin crap. Had a bumper from them. If I could pull the skins off and put EVO's on I would have. They do not even make what I have anymore. If it was such a stand up product it would still be produced..... Just sayin.....

psmith

Not a fan of steel fenders either but interested in how the bumper folded up. Full width? Any pics? Not saying I dont believe it so dont take it like that. I've had my Crusader mid width and have hit trees, rocks etc and its been fine. Welds looked real nice, good heat setting. Just wondering if there is a failure mode I have to look out for.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not a fan of steel fenders either but interested in how the bumper folded up. Full width? Any pics? Not saying I dont believe it so dont take it like that. I've had my Crusader mid width and have hit trees, rocks etc and its been fine. Welds looked real nice, good heat setting. Just wondering if there is a failure mode I have to look out for.

attachment.php

Happened on the JKX. Multiple Jeeps hit the same tree and the JCR is the only one that tacoed.

303DAILY

I bought the Jcr mauler from Trail Jeeps on their recommendation. That makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside!
Just installed it last night
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449965239.202866.jpg

Top Bottom