atx slabs marked with black ink(?) stain

miami anvil jku

not sure if its ink but water definitely isn't getting it out, i shoulda taken pictures but its really just nothing more then a couple black marks. i have it on 2/5 of my atx slabs. Did anyone have the same problem? is there a way i can get it out?

thanks in advance

bought them from north ridge

dillard09

Don't think my slabs had anything like that. But a picture or 2 would help.
BTW welcome to Wayalife stop by and give us a wave.

trailless

Caught the Bug
You're talking about the rings right?

I only opened one box and that one had the stains you're talking about. It's definitely not coming out. Almost like it's in the metal itself. I'll try and get a picture.

Here are a couple pictures. I wonder if any of the other 4 wheels has them and if it's normal.

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

Last edited:

trailless

Caught the Bug
Gue gone? Or buffing pad?

I haven't tried scrubbing it off with goo gone but it's definitely not an adhesive. The metal feels exactly the same over the stain as it does on the part where there isn't a stain. It's almost like its part of the metal.

Zmuda01

It looks similar to when freshly machined aluminum parts are left wet and stacked on each other or on a steel cart. If these are anodized that stain isn't going anywhere. If they are not anodized you may be able to polish it with 3m scotch brite (red color) pad, carefully used or if it happens to be just a ink or dye mark acetone will fix it right up.

Providing these are aluminum of course....edit because I forgot.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can you feel the stains? If so, try rubbing it out with a clean rag and some turpentine.

jeeeep

Hooked
my rings looked polished when I opened the box.

I like to use a magic erasure with distilled white vinegar.

WarriorJeep

Welcome to WAL

I would suggest using a product called Greased Lightning Cleaner. I got it from Home Depot, it will remove anondizing from aluminum easy peazy so it might work on that

trailless

Caught the Bug
It looks similar to when freshly machined aluminum parts are left wet and stacked on each other or on a steel cart. If these are anodized that stain isn't going anywhere. If they are not anodized you may be able to polish it with 3m scotch brite (red color) pad, carefully used or if it happens to be just a ink or dye mark acetone will fix it right up.

Providing these are aluminum of course....edit because I forgot.

I'll try to polish them but I feel like its going to be a part of the metal...

Can you feel the stains? If so, try rubbing it out with a clean rag and some turpentine.

I can't feel the stains at all.

my rings looked polished when I opened the box.

I like to use a magic erasure with distilled white vinegar.

I'll try the magic eraser. I have a whole bunch of them at work.

Ddays

Hooked
If you're not happy with them contact the seller and tell 'em about it! Unless you're ok with them the way they are, I wouldn't do anything to them until you contacted them first! Once you take a pad or cleaner to them they won't take them back. They might just send you new rings....

You just spent $2k on wheels. Don't settle

BlueBox

I just got a set that had the rings marked up on a few. I'm painting mine though so it came right off with the scotch brite I used to roughen them up. Not sure on how to clean them up if you want to keep the rings shiny. Also check your hardware to make sure its galvanized/coated. 2of mine came with plain black bolts. Northridge will send new correct hardware if you want.

miami anvil jku

ya the picture on the first page this thread is exactly what i was talking about, except mine is way worse...4/5 of them have marks but only 2/5 are terribly stained...id only ask for rings for the 2 that are really bad.

Im new to waylife. i used to use jk forums and they're awesome but I'm shocked at how many reply i got here. Thank you so much everyone.

ill most likely just ask north ridge to send me 2 new rings.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If they are new just send them back for a replacement.

This ^^^^ I must have missed the part where they were new.

ya the picture on the first page this thread is exactly what i was talking about, except mine is way worse...4/5 of them have marks but only 2/5 are terribly stained...id only ask for rings for the 2 that are really bad.

Im new to waylife. i used to use jk forums and they're awesome but I'm shocked at how many reply i got here. Thank you so much everyone.

ill most likely just ask north ridge to send me 2 new rings.

As you should. Just because you'll beat them up doesn't mean they have to show up to your door looking like crap.

Top Bottom