Grating/grinding noise on left hand turns

JW_Rubicon

JKU seems to have developed a bit of a grinding or grating noise on left hand turns after a recent alignment. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? I don't hear this when turning right or driving straight. I can't seem to spot any specific wear marks with the wheel off so I'm not sure where this might be coming from or what might be causing it.

WJCO

Meme King
JKU seems to have developed a bit of a grinding or grating noise on left hand turns after a recent alignment. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? I don't hear this when turning right or driving straight. I can't seem to spot any specific wear marks with the wheel off so I'm not sure where this might be coming from or what might be causing it.

If it started right after an alignment, I would check the adjustment sleeve on your draglink and any fasteners on your tie rod assy as well. Chances are that's the only thing the shop touched while doing the alignment. Make sure they are tight. The only other things I can think of is maybe your backing plate is rubbing on a rotor intermittently (not related to the alignment) or you have a front axle joint going out (not related to alignment).

Oh, and make sure they didn't leave the alignment head attached to the wheel when they returned the car to you. That should be a given.

RjSkippy

Not necessarily a grinding but without hearing the sound from a left hand turn (or directional) it may be a bearing.

JW_Rubicon

Thank you everyone for the responses, all the help is very much appreciated!! My jeep has a little over 50k miles, I'm running 35's and with the extra weight from the AEV bumper and winch, I won't be surprised if it turns out to be a u-joint or wheel bearing.

Top Bottom