2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport on 35's

spencerd45

Hello everyone,

I have my 2014 sport on 35's. Should I get an AEV pro cal to reset trans shift points and speedo. Is it necessary with 35's?

Thanks again,
Spencer

Last edited:

mds22

No doubt. Get a procal. Mine was always searching for gears until I got it programmed. Plus now I don't have to stare at the low PSI light on my dash

crowrb29

Did you buy it used like that or did you put the lift and tires on? If the computer was never adjusted then getting a AEV procal or Superchips Flashcal and adjusting tire size will significantly improve your performance. It will also adjust your speedo for the right speed and make sure your odometer is accurately counting your mileage.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone,

I have my 2014 sport on 35's. Should I get an AEV pro cal to reset trans shift points and speedo. Is it necessary with 35's?

Thanks again,
Spencer Dechert

Yes, you should and yes, it is necessary to recalibrate your speedometer any time you change your tire size especially because you have an automatic.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
As already mentioned, yes you should. I'm running 35s and can tell you the Procal makes a huge difference. Corrects speedo as well as shift points, which is where I felt a huge difference. I'm running a 35x12.50R17 with 3.73 gears. I do not feel the need to regear at all and in fact just drove a bone stock Jeep for a week and my rig shifts the same or better than it did.

jorgelrod

Hooked
As already mentioned, yes you should. I'm running 35s and can tell you the Procal makes a huge difference. Corrects speedo as well as shift points, which is where I felt a huge difference. I'm running a 35x12.50R17 with 3.73 gears. I do not feel the need to regear at all and in fact just drove a bone stock Jeep for a week and my rig shifts the same or better than it did.

Everyone says that until they do Regear, The 3.6L does a hell of a job compensating for the Gears, but when you drop into 4LO, you'll realize it doesn't crawl the way it used to...

BLK HULK

If you can try and find a jeep with the same setup as your but with gears, take it for a spin it really makes a big difference.

spencerd45

I put the lift and tires on the jeep so I'm certain it has not been flashed. Thanks for the responses. I will hopefully be ordering one soon.

Is there anyway a pro cal can be used for more than one jeep? I would hate to buy one if I could simply reuse somebody else's

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Everyone says that until they do Regear, The 3.6L does a hell of a job compensating for the Gears, but when you drop into 4LO, you'll realize it doesn't crawl the way it used to...

If you can try and find a jeep with the same setup as your but with gears, take it for a spin it really makes a big difference.

Agreed, if you can regear it is certainly better. More power and better fuel economy in most cases. This is my 5th Jeep and I have regeared 3 of them. With that said, I wasn't saying he shouldn't regear if he can afford it. I stated I don't feel the 'need' to. I've been running like this for about a year and still feel the same way. I don't want to dump money into these axles knowing I will be swapping them out over the winter.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I put the lift and tires on the jeep so I'm certain it has not been flashed. Thanks for the responses. I will hopefully be ordering one soon.

Is there anyway a pro cal can be used for more than one jeep? I would hate to buy one if I could simply reuse somebody else's

It gets locked to your Jeep. If you want to use it on another Jeep you have to restore the first Jeep to factory settings first. Kinda sucks.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Agreed, if you can regear it is certainly better. More power and better fuel economy in most cases. This is my 5th Jeep and I have regeared 3 of them. With that said, I wasn't saying he shouldn't regear if he can afford it. I stated I don't feel the 'need' to. I've been running like this for about a year and still feel the same way. I don't want to dump money into these axles knowing I will be swapping them out over the winter.

True... (+10)

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I have a pro cal that I can't use. I used it on my old Jeep sent it back to stock before it was traded off thinking I could use it on my new Jeep. It's locked on the VIN number so it's useless to me.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I have a pro cal that I can't use. I used it on my old Jeep sent it back to stock before it was traded off thinking I could use it on my new Jeep. It's locked on the VIN number so it's useless to me.

Have you called AEV??? Maybe they can help...

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Have you called AEV??? Maybe they can help...

Mine is the Superchips, I'm going to E mail them and see if it can be reset. I was under the impression if you sent one vehicle back to stock it could be reuse it. Needless to say I'm not very happy.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Mine is the Superchips, I'm going to E mail them and see if it can be reset. I was under the impression if you sent one vehicle back to stock it could be reuse it. Needless to say I'm not very happy.

THey wont do it over and over again but if you call and explain ill bet they unlock it for you.

swampdog

Just went through this with a guy I was buying one off. I believe they we're going to charge him $50 to wipe it clean, but he proved he had the original receipt and was the first owner and I think they did it for free.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Just went through this with a guy I was buying one off. I believe they we're going to charge him $50 to wipe it clean, but he proved he had the original receipt and was the first owner and I think they did it for free.

Good to know, kinda pisses you off when you pay that much for something and it can't be used again on your own Jeep. I will email them and see what they say. Thanks for the info

WJCO

Meme King
Glad I saw this thread. I was looking at buying a used one on ebay. Price wasn't all that good anyway for the risk of not knowing if it is unlocked for sure.

spencerd45

I saw the same one on eBay. I would rather just pay the price and get a new one. Any suggestions aev vs superchips? Which is better since they are similar price

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Glad I saw this thread. I was looking at buying a used one on ebay. Price wasn't all that good anyway for the risk of not knowing if it is unlocked for sure.

Ok just to update, got on phone with Superchips tech. He told me to connect to new jeep and see if it would work. It asked to id vehicle, programmer read and it let me change stuff.
I was trying to change the VIN with laptop and it wouldn't let me. Tech told me as long as old Jeep was returned to stock it is supposed to work and mine did. Kinda felt like a dumbass for not trying that first, live and learn I guess.

Top Bottom