WINDROCK End of Summer Pre-Run #2 - January 29-31

thardy

Banned
This will be the second official pre-run for the 2016 End of Summer Run at Windrock Park in TN. I would like to get two run groups together. One group will be to focus on the Advanced trails and the other to focus on the Intermediate and Beginner/Scenic trails. If you are interested in joining this run, please let me know which group you would like to be apart of. If you would like to run the Advanced group, please list your build stats (lift, tire size, lockers, winch, sliders, etc). The actual trails being run will depend on weather.

DATE:
January 29-31 (my plan is to get up there early on the 29th to be able to ride both 29th and 30th)

912 Windrock Road
Oliver Springs, TN 37840

LODGING:
Windrock Park Campground
555 Windrock Park Lane
Oliver Springs, TN 37840
(865) 435-1251
*There are multiple options at the Windrock Campgrounds. You can choose to primitive camp, RV camp, or to rent a cabin.

Comfort Inn Oak Ridge
433 S. Rutgers Ave.
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
865-481-8200

Windrock Bed & Breakfast
450 Half Moon Road
Oliver Springs, TN 37840
865-776-5683

Quality Inn
216 S. Rutgers Ave.
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
865-483-6809

PERMITS:
Permits can be purchased at the Windrock General Store, Windrock Campground Office, Comfort Inn Oak Ridge, Windrock Bed and Breakfast, and Shell Fun Food (557 Tri-County Boulevard, Oliver Springs, TN 37840). EVERYONE NEEDS TO HAVE A PERMIT AT ALL TIMES WHEN ON THE TRAILS, THIS INCLUDES PASSENGERS. Yes, they do run permit checks.

ATTENDING: (The Advanced group has been CAPPED. Those on the Maybe list will still be allowed to run the Advanced group as long as it is listed by your name.)

Advanced Group
thardy (C)*
1. MedixJK (C)*
2. jkwebbie*
3. TennJK
4. hhunter050
5. OSCARMIKEJEEPER (C x 2)*
6. Mr.Ty
7. Moonraker
8. Jeep/life
9. Stone_JKUR
10. dchotrod
11. Grubbicon/GR8WHITE

Intermediate/Scenic Group
1. MattMC (C)
2. Coop
3. Jeep dad (Sat)
4. thardy's friend - Josh (C)
5. RebelconJK

MAYBE:
13_gecko_rubi (Advanced)
kcdee00
austin160 (Intermediate)
OscarMike2.0 (Advanced)
kep01

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
What's the weather like down there in late Jan? Probably better than all the damn spiders and bees this summer when I was there. They get much snow? Those advanced trails could get real interesting in the snow.

What's the weather like down there in late Jan? Probably better than all the damn spiders and bees this summer when I was there. They get much snow? Those advanced trails could get real interesting in the snow.

It could be 50* or it could be 20*....just a roll of the dice.

thardy

Banned

There's definitely a chance for snow/ice conditions. Trails will have to be adjusted based on the conditions. Hopefully it won't be too bad. Really need to time out some of the trails for the End of Summer Run.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
That won't be done this trip, but it is on the schedule of possibilities for the Extreme group during the End of Summer trip.

Id seriously consider it ahead of time. The two jks on 42s winched about half the way, mine on 37s was even worse. It was "fun" but there are funner trails there. That's really a straight up buggy/bouncer trail

thardy

Banned
Id seriously consider it ahead of time. The two jks on 42s winched about half the way, mine on 37s was even worse. It was "fun" but there are funner trails there. That's really a straight up buggy/bouncer trail

Thanks for the info. Nothing is actually set in stone at this point.

thardy

Banned
Lockers arent a requirement for the advanced group so i doubt we will be visiting any kinds of trails like rattlerock lol

15 would be a good one to try if that's the case. Multiple lines for different levels

Yeah, Rattle Rock will definitely NOT be a part of this trip. I know the group ran 15 the first pre-run in October and I heard good things. Probably going to try some other trails since that one will definitely be one for the Advanced group.

I know the group ran 15 the first pre-run in October and I heard good things. Probably going to try some other trails since that one will definitely be one for the Advanced group.
Cool. I didnt know they hit that one. Id like to find some for that group that are a challenge for sure. Kind of like Daniel @ uwharrie

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Add me as a maybe for the advanced group. I should know if I can make it once I get back to work and see the shedule.

thardy

Banned
Cool. I didnt know they hit that one. Id like to find some for that group that are a challenge for sure. Kind of like Daniel @ uwharrie

Oh I'll find you some good stuff man!

If I get mine back together by then I may try to make it. Need to give it a good test before heading to moab in march

Add me as a maybe for the advanced group. I should know if I can make it once I get back to work and see the shedule.

I've added you both to the Maybe list.

jkwebbie

Put me down for the Advanced group.

Jeep mods are: 4" lift, 37s, no lockers yet, oil pan skid and stock skids, and rock sliders.

Top Bottom