A French JK

Yvan06

Hi guys !

First of all, excuse me if I make some mistakes because English is not my mother tongue. Feel free to correct me, it'll be more than appreciated .

I'm a newbie in the 4X4 world. I just bought a Jeep Wrangler JK Sahara 2009. As gas is really expensive in France, I had to go with the 2.8 CRD. For the next one (Rubicon if possible) I'll go with a V8 or at least V6... But for now, I'm really happy with this one and I'll train with it until I change for something more "American" .

I'm from Nice, Côte d'Azur, more known as French Riviera. We have a beautiful seascapes and landscapes. However, not a lot of trail to enjoy the 4x4 adventure. I've watched lots of your videos and I really enjoyed them !

So, let's talk about my JK.

I bought a second hand Jeep JK Wrangler Sahara 2.8 CRD 2009. With it came a Hard Top, a Soft Top, and a trailer hitch.

I'm planning on adding some stuff on it like :
- Front bumper
- Winch
- Rear bumper
- All terrain trailer
- No doors mirrors

I'll get back to you for more information on the different trailer available and all the stuff I wanna add to it.

Last week, my girlfriend and I went on a little trip on the "Route du Sel" and I filmed and edited a little video to share with you guys. It's not a trail but a really old route which was perfect for my first off road drive. I couldn't resit a little hill but it was definitively not a pure 4x4 trip. The next one will be one.

Let me know if you are interested on some information about this road.

I'll add some pics later.

Cheers,
Yvan

Clark Collins

Welcome from Idaho

Great video! Please continue to share your adventures with us. It's always great to see what fellow Jeepers are doing in other countries. :rock:

Yvan06

Woaw, thank you to all of you. Thanks for that warm Welcome ;)

Yes, France is a really nice country. But the USA will always be the country I want to live in... :clap2:

For the steadiness, only a couple shots were done with a tripod. All the others were handheld. However, I used Final Cut Pro X's stabilization feature to improve it. Usually I have a GlideCam but not this time.

I'll continue to share it with you !!

Cheers,
Yvan

JeepSpurs

Hi guys !

First of all, excuse me if I make some mistakes because English is not my mother tongue. Feel free to correct me, it'll be more than appreciated .

I'm a newbie in the 4X4 world. I just bought a Jeep Wrangler JK Sahara 2009. As gas is really expensive in France, I had to go with the 2.8 CRD. For the next one (Rubicon if possible) I'll go with a V8 or at least V6... But for now, I'm really happy with this one and I'll train with it until I change for something more "American" .

I'm from Nice, Côte d'Azur, more known as French Riviera. We have a beautiful seascapes and landscapes. However, not a lot of trail to enjoy the 4x4 adventure. I've watched lots of your videos and I really enjoyed them !

So, let's talk about my JK.

I bought a second hand Jeep JK Wrangler Sahara 2.8 CRD 2009. With it came a Hard Top, a Soft Top, and a trailer hitch.

I'm planning on adding some stuff on it like :
- Front bumper
- Winch
- Rear bumper
- All terrain trailer
- No doors mirrors

I'll get back to you for more information on the different trailer available and all the stuff I wanna add to it.

Last week, my girlfriend and I went on a little trip on the "Route du Sel" and I filmed and edited a little video to share with you guys. It's not a trail but a really old route which was perfect for my first off road drive. I couldn't resit a little hill but it was definitively not a pure 4x4 trip. The next one will be one.

Let me know if you are interested on some information about this road.

I'll add some pics later.

Cheers,
Yvan

I was in Nice way back in 1985, but never had the opportunity to wander into the Alps. Seeing the gorgeous vistas in your video made me wish I had tried harder ! Thanks for sharing and welcome to Wayalife.

Yvan06

This is awesome! And welcome!

Thanks a lot :blush:

Always cool to see other countries. Congratulations on the Jeep

Yeah i'd like to explore so much. Thanks a lot :blush:

I was in Nice way back in 1985, but never had the opportunity to wander into the Alps. Seeing the gorgeous vistas in your video made me wish I had tried harder ! Thanks for sharing and welcome to Wayalife.

I'd say, just do it then :thumb:. I was born here, so I'm a little "bored" of it. But I really think it's worth it. Alps are so so beautiful. It's like a hundred time better than the coast !!!!

It's better than most of the assholes I work with..

Welcome to the site.

Woaw ! Thank you I guess :cheesy:.

You guys are the best "welcomers" I've ever had in a forum. I know I know, "welcomers" is awful but I couldn't find another word. Feel free to suggest.

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Parts for Europe

If you are looking up parts for your Jeep here in Europe look up ASP Eberle. I am part of a German Jeep club and we do the European Jeepers Jamboree every year in France. I happen to be the only American there. Everyone else is from the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, England and other European countries. Even as far as Norway and Sweden. The biggest complaints from a lot of German and European Jeepers is the lack of after market support due to international shipping or high import taxes. ASP carriers a number of aftermarket items from many different companies. All of which has been approved German and other European countries TUV inspection standard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom