Fun in the Snow with Renny

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As some of you may know, we just installed a Daystar 1.5" Lift and 225/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros mud terrain tires on our 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk and after picking it back from the alignment shop this morning, we decided to take a quick trip up into the hills and to have some fun in the snow. While the white stuff was still falling this morning, most of the powder on the trail had all been driven on over the weekend and so the trail was really slick just beneath the fresh stuff. Still, we were surprised to see just how well the Renegade's 4 wheel drive system did in the snow. Here are a few shots from our quick little snow trip - I hope you enjoy.

Coming up Ash Canyon.
main.php

If you look closely, you can see Carson City down in the valley.
main.php

main.php

About half way up the canyon, the shelf road was really narrow and crazy slick. While we could still make forward progress if we tried, we were by ourselves and it was a little unsettling being so close to the edge. Needless to say, we ended up turning around.
main.php

main.php

main.php

Nearing the top of this slippery hill, I started to loose traction and power and just when I thought I was done, the 4 wheel drive system kicked in and amazingly inched me up to the top.
main.php

Still not 100% sure how we made it up but I was quite impressed.
main.php

Top Bottom