Reid knuckles with RK flip kit?

DGP

Just wondering if anyone out there is running the latest Rock Krawler drag link flip kit with Reid racing knuckles? If so did you need to do anything different to make them work?

jdh125

I have the Reid knuckles but not the rock krawler drag link. You won't need to do anything to the knuckle to make the drag link fit. The taper matches up and it's facing the right way to install tie rod end in from the top. I know Reid said to watch the back spacing on your wheels. Might get a little tight to the tre. I have 5" bs wheels and had enough room. Hope that's helps.

DGP

Flip kit

Okay that helps. The newest RK flip kit doesn't use a taper joint. You have to drill out the knuckle so it sounds like it will be a similar install as the stock knuckles. As far as back spacing Im pretty sure I'll be okay with only 3.5"

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, if you're already buying an HD tie rod like what RK makes, I'd save your money and not even bother getting the orange knuckles. With or with out them, you will STILL hit your tie rod and the whole point of getting something like the RK is so that it can take the hits. But, if you're hell bent on throwing money at your Jeep, yeah, I'm pretty sure you will still have to drill them out.

JohnDoe

I'm not running RK flip kit, but I got one biggest cluster fuck of mismatch brands.
I know that for synergy drag link you don't have to modify reid knuckles, but for RK pro tie rod you have to enlarge the hole on reid's and modify tie rod.
shitty pictures but you get an idea
Reid knuckles do move tie rod wayyyy up and out of the way
Front setup:
stock 44 dana, reid knuckles, synergy ball joints, RK tie rod, Synergy drag link track bar and brace kit, fox ats......
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Top Bottom