E-brake cable under tension

BertaNation

When my rear axle is at full droop my e-brake cable is under alot of tension. What should I do. Get a relocation bracket, reroute it, or just let it hang

Tree Frog

Checked your profile and did not see specs for your rig. So not knowing much about why your e-brake cable is under so much tension, I will just throw this out there.

I am running an Evo Double D pro set up (Long arms and King coil overs) This allows for some serious downward droop.

Never even though about the e brake cable until I was reading someplace that a guy had his e brake cable rip the plastic filler thing right out of the gas tank. A few other chimed in about the problem and the consensus was to just reroute it below the filler neck and all the evap hoses.

I put my Jeep up and fully drooped out the axle and sure enough I was about ready to do serious damage to my filler neck and evap lines. Don't really know why they had not already ripped out. :doh:

With the advise the Wayalife crew, I removed the brake cable ends from the backing plates. Then rerouted the cables under all the gas tank stuff and used a big zip tie to secure it up to the cross member.
Worked great and no more worries.

This is not a joke-Anybody with a lift that has the ability to droop out decent should check their e brake cables at full droop and reroute them if necessary. It is real easy to do and very expensive to have to replace your gas tank.

JeepFan

Hooked
Difficult to say why your e brake cables are under so much tension without knowing how your Jeep is setup. Pics would be really helpful.

I had a similar issue on my Jeep after the lift was installed. It turned out to be a miss routed cable.

BertaNation

Sry guys my profile is something I need to work on but I can't seem to do it from my mobile app.
I just installed 3.5 rk x factor kit and bilstein shocks.
Went from the rc 4 lift.
I noticed the ebrake prob while installing the lift. I disconnected it from its hanger above the axle while changing the spings and shocks. And then when I was going back together I had to compress the suspension quite a bit to get the tension off to reconnect it

Top Bottom