3" Teraflex on JKU getting some bumpsteer...Opinions??

ccape0328

3" Teraflex on JKU getting some bumpsteer...Opinions??

To give a run down I have a 2013 JKU that I just installed a 3" Teraflex lift, adjustable trackbar, and Aev correction brackets. It's getting some bump steer and looks like the track bar could use moving up some to get a better angle with the drag link.

Wanted to see what y'all think and how you would correct it.

Thanks in advance!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454386852.699468.jpg

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
To give a run down I have a 2013 JKU that I just installed a 3" Teraflex lift, adjustable trackbar, and Aev correction brackets. It's getting some bump steer and looks like the track bar could use moving up some to get a better angle with the drag link.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 185620

You installed an adjustable track bar but looks like you need to raise it.

Welcome to WAL.

Dude that old timer avatar is fucking creepy. :cheesy:

Last edited:

ccape0328

Thanks for the welcome!

Definitely new to Jeeps. Have had a good bit of lifted stuff but it has mostly been IFS stuff so I'm learning.

My buddy had the adjustable track bar so we used it to recenter the axle.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Ditch the adjustable track bar and get a drag link flip kit like the one EVO offers. It will raise the track bar mount on the axle side so a factory track bar will work. It will also address the steering issue since the track bar and drag link need to be parallel and at 3 inches of lift a drag link flip kit is recommended. You must also be running the factory pitman arm, not a dropped one with a flip kit.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Ditch the adjustable track bar and get a drag link flip kit like the one EVO offers. It will raise the track bar mount on the axle side so a factory track bar will work. It will also address the steering issue since the track bar and drag link need to be parallel and at 3 inches of lift a drag link flip kit is recommended. You must also be running the factory pitman arm, not a dropped one with a flip kit.

Solid advice, it will fix your steering issues.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks in advance!

Teraflex 3" coils will yield well over 4" of actual lift. At this height, a drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit would help to correct your steering geometry and that'll help address what you're feeling.

blackrubi14

Teraflex 3" coils will yield well over 4" of actual lift. At this height, a drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit would help to correct your steering geometry and that'll help address what you're feeling.

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have a quick question.

Since the TF 3" coils yield over 4" of actual lift, could I change out my 3" TF coils for 4" EVO coils and basically not change anything other than the ride quality? I am currently running a 3" TF lift.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hijack this thread but I have a quick question.

Since the TF 3" coils yield over 4" of actual lift, could I change out my 3" TF coils for 4" EVO coils and basically not change anything other than the ride quality? I am currently running a 3" TF lift.

Yes. If anything, changing out your coils will most likely give you an ever so slightly lower ride height when all is said and done.

ccape0328

Wound up changing the ball joints, tierod, and drag link. When I went to have it aligned they told me there was a lot of play in those parts. I installed everything yesterday and it's like a different jeep. Bump steer is pretty much gone.

Thanks for all of the input!

Top Bottom