What lug nuts for Dynatrac 60/80 and ATX Slabs?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know what size lug nuts I need for the ATX Slab beadlock? I'll be running them on Dynatrac XD60/PR80 axles with the 9/16 lug studs. I'm pretty sure I need 9/16" x 18tpi with a 60 degree conical seat, but I'm not 100% positive. Wanted to verify before I order.

Looking at these...

Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 4.44.41 AM.jpg

I know this may have been answered here elsewhere and I apologize if it has been, but my internet here in Iraq is timing out when I try to search.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Well the internet here is running normal tonight so I was able to get ahold of Dynatrac to verify the proper thread pitch and order these lug nuts on Amazon, since the 9/16" x 18tpi 60 deg conical are the correct ones. Ordered the 3" extra long Gorilla lug nuts.

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
9/16"-18 is what you want and getting the extra long ones is what I would recommend for sure. The only thing I did was to get ones that tapered back down to 3/4" like these:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008XO5N7U/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

View attachment 186104

Ok thanks! My boredom in my night shift off time over here in Baghdad drives me insane so to attempt to curb it a bit I've been ordering Jeep parts again tonight. Ordered the 3" long 7/8 hex Gorilla lug nuts from Amazon as soon as I got off the phone with Dynatrac. I can definitely see the advantage of the narrower 3/4.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok thanks! My boredom in my night shift off time over here in Baghdad drives me insane so to attempt to curb it a bit I've been ordering Jeep parts again tonight. Ordered the 3" long 7/8 hex Gorilla lug nuts from Amazon as soon as I got off the phone with Dynatrac. I can definitely see the advantage of the narrower 3/4.

The 3/4" size will allow your socket to slip into the small countersunk holes on the wheels. You can make it work with the standard bigger nuts so long as they're longer but, your socket will rub on the face of the wheels or will kind of get jammed inside the small holes.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
The 3/4" size will allow your socket to slip into the small countersunk holes on the wheels. You can make it work with the standard bigger nuts so long as they're longer but, your socket will rub on the face of the wheels or will kind of get jammed inside the small holes.

I actually just cancelled the order on the Gorilla lug nuts and ordered up 2 sets of these. Much cheaper, and they have enough in stock. I was only able to order enough of the Gorilla lugs for 3 wheels, with these I'll have the whole set.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I actually just cancelled the order on the Gorilla lug nuts and ordered up 2 sets of these. Much cheaper, and they have enough in stock. I was only able to order enough of the Gorilla lugs for 3 wheels, with these I'll have the whole set.

Awesome, I'm glad that I was able to help out :cool:

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Are the slabs different from stock or is it the axles that require the change in size?

The different axles use different threaded studs. Stock JK is 1/2"-20 (half inch thickness, 20 thread count per inch). From what Eddie posted it sounds like the PR 60 & 80s use 9/16"-18. New lug nuts are required to match the thread count.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The different axles use different threaded studs. Stock JK is 1/2"-20 (half inch thickness, 20 thread count per inch). From what Eddie posted it sounds like the PR 60 & 80s use 9/16"-18. New lug nuts are required to match the thread count.

The 9/16" racing studs are "optional" - not standard.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
The 9/16" racing studs are "optional" - not standard.

Ah. Gotcha. Thanks.

Out of curiosity: I'm looking at getting a set of chamber pro IIs and plan on running them on the factory lugs. Is there a type of lug nut that you would recommend (deep socket for instance) or would the stock lug nuts work as is.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ah. Gotcha. Thanks.

Out of curiosity: I'm looking at getting a set of chamber pro IIs and plan on running them on the factory lugs. Is there a type of lug nut that you would recommend (deep socket for instance) or would the stock lug nuts work as is.

You'll want a 1/2" x 20 that tapers down so that you can still use a 19mm or 3/4" socket. Long nuts are not necessary for stock wheel studs but they do help with the removal and installation of them. I think something like this would get the job done.

http://www.amazon.com/20pc-Chrome-S...676764&sr=8-3&keywords=1+2+x+20+long+lug+nuts

JKbrick

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Personally, I hate splined lug nuts. Means I have to keep up with the damn key.

This. And a lot of the reviews I read had people complaining about breaking the adapter. That would suck while out on the trail.

Last edited:

2011jk

Been using this type of nut for years on every truck I have and have never broke one..even at 140 lbs Tq. A 3/4" 12 point std socket also works..
Each his own...

Last edited:

WarriorJeep

This. And a lot of the reviews I read had people complaining about breaking the adapter. That would suck while out of the trail.

Broke my key/adapter whatchamacallit to take them off, had to get another, took them all off and tossed them in the "shit I need to eventually throw away" box in the garage. It wasn't so much keeping up with a special splined item as wtf happens if...

If I remember correctly they were Pro Comp

Top Bottom