Rear sway bar

acamp75

I am new to the forum, and to owning a Jeep so I have some questions.............
Would there be any benefit to installing a quick disconnect for the rear sway, and if so who makes the best quick disconnect kit?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am new to the forum, and to owning a Jeep so I have some questions.............
Would there be any benefit to installing a quick disconnect for the rear sway, and if so who makes the best quick disconnect kit?

In spite of what the uninformed will try to tell you, NO. There are no benefits to disconnecting the rear sway bar links. Unlike the front sway bar which is much bigger and has a significantly higher torsion rate, the rear sway bar is really small and is soft enough that you can manipulate it by hand. In other words, it will NOT limit your flex and if anything, it WILL provide much desired stability especially on off camber situations.

WJCO

Meme King
I left mine off because it didn't clear my new diff cover. But putting it back on with modified spacers now. I noticed no difference on or off but for peace of mind am going to put it back on. I'm sure it will help if I had to swerve to avoid a hazard.

Top Bottom