Hi lift mount on an AEV tire carrier

acamp75

Good morning from Durango!!!! I need to get my jack on my JKUR and need some opinions. I have an AEV tire carrier and would like to attach it to that but I don't want to weld to it. I know AEV makes a mount for a jack and a pull pal but I do not see myself spending the money on a pull pal because I don't think I will be anywhere in CO that it would be useful. Pleas let me know what everyone thinks.

Thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When's the last time you actually needed or used your Hi-lift for what it's intended for? Or, do you just like the way it looks being carried on a Jeep and there's nothing wrong with that.

Jern26

When's the last time you actually needed or used your Hi-lift for what it's intended for? Or, do you just like the way it looks being carried on a Jeep and there's nothing wrong with that.

I like that last sentence lol. I have mine as a backup in case my winch breaks or if I'd ever get hi-centered, but we all know the main reason is because it looks pretty tough on the back of the jeep going through my mall parking lot hahah

WJCO

Meme King
I don't know if you could do it with that tire carrier, but I welded some 1/2" bolts on and made some wing nuts for mine. On that carrier though, you may have to mount it diagonal if you do something like that. Seldom used, but I like having it and do like the look.

jeep (5).jpg jeep (19).JPG jeep (18).jpg jeep (17).jpg

EDIT: Disregard any captions in the photos, they were for something else. And I totally missed in your first post that you didn't want to weld it. Nevermind.

Attachments

• DSC02520.jpg
    DSC02520.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
When I was running my genright carrier I used their tube clamps similar to what Eddie posted above, they worked well and I used them for a few other mounts and things till I sold the carrier.

acamp75

It has been a while since I needed one, but the last time I did I had slid down a sloppy road and if I hadn't had the jack I may still be up on that road. I wonder about reseating beads and just to have a little extra if I, or someone else may need it. And of course because they look awesome!!!!!

Bones

It has been a while since I needed one, but the last time I did I had slid down a sloppy road and if I hadn't had the jack I may still be up on that road. I wonder about reseating beads and just to have a little extra if I, or someone else may need it. And of course because they look awesome!!!!!

I actually have part of the AEV mount if you want it. I'm pretty sure it's incomplete but the primary section is there. I'm in Broomfield.

image.jpg

Top Bottom