JKUR Electrical Problems - Need Advice

BeaverJeeper

Hi All,

I've had my 2011 JKUR for just over a year and am in desperate need of some opinions. While I absolutely LOVE the vehicle, it has gremlins in the electrical system. 3 times this year, it has refused to start-up. Each time, every warning light in the dash has been blinking like a christmas tree. In addition, the cruise control works about 50% of the time. The dealer has been awesome and has fixed it under my warrenty each time.

Given the amount of replacements the dealer has made on the electrical system, the optimist in me thinks that I should be good to go now. Another part of me wants to force a trade through the dealer and/or under the Oregon Lemon Law. Any thoughts?

Here's a summary of my action in the maintenance department over the past year:

#1) Wouldn't start, all warning lights on dash blinking, towed to dealer. Replaced WCM. At the same time, PCM update to fix cruise control problems.
#2) Crusie control still not working. Replaced clockspring.
#3) Same issue as #1. Replaced and configured Integrated Power Module.
#4) Same issue as #1 and #3. (and I quote) "Disassembled exterior and interior to gain access to can c wiring (bus wires are shorted together). Traced harnesses and found wiring shorted at front of vehicle (near sway-bar module). Repaired shorted can c wiring... Keyless Entry will only work part of the time: Wireless module is locking up. Replaced and coded wireless module."

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The bad is that I don't think you would qualify for the Lemon Law. If it is fixed now I wouldn't worry about it so long as you have a warranty still and the dealer is working with you.

If it happens again maybe look at getting it fixed and possibly trading it in and getting something else.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, if you can I would force a trade for a 2012 or newer. IMHO the motor is worth it.

I'm with Sharkey on this. Might want to see if your dealer will help you out with a trade in.

If you don't want to go down that path, part of your problem sounds like a speed sensor issue. The not starting problem is new to me - older JK's had a similar problem but I'm quite sure that the programming on a 2011-up is different.

BeaverJeeper

thanks

Thanks for the two cents. I'm leaning toward the trade. Dealer in town is great. Feels good to be taken care of without having to flex consumer rights.

Top Bottom