ACE rock sliders? opinions?

samtuck11

I was looking at the LOD and Posion spyder sliders, but i just found the ACE sliders and saw that you can use the rubi rails with them and i really like that, plus the ACE have alot of reach which i like as well. and the price of the ACE is alot better than the LOD and PS, although im a little skeptical about the ACE mounting to the body mounts, has anyone had any problems with the ACE in terms of rigidity and toughness?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
In my opinion you get what you pay for. While I will say I do like their bumpers, I am not a fan of their sliders at all. I personally wouldn't run the Rubi sliders with another slider under them, due to the chance of one bending into the other and possibly damaging the body.
With that said, if your just going for the look and not going to be sliding over big rocks with them, then anything that looks good to you will work well.

Yuriy

I run ACE sliders with rubi rails. I love it. They are solid and work great. I don't do rock crawling so can't speak if they would push, bend, etc. on the rocks. For my off road use, they are perfect!

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I had them and got rid of them. They hang down really low and hit way too many rocks. I switched to EVO sliders and running the same trails (Rubicon) I don't hit them nearly as much.

Livinlife1

I have had my ACE sliders on for over 2 years now with no complaints. Not bashing them on rocks but have held up well to the contact they do get.

qwasin

Weld on ones are fine. The ones that bolt to the body mounts are junk, they won't protect you from a hard hit. If you want bolt on sliders look at lod or ps that bolt to the frame.

Desert Crawler

As you may have read on another thread, I run an Ace bumper and absolutely love it. With that said I wouldn't run their sliders with my rubi rails. I will be upgrading before summer and will be going to a frame mounted version of one of the other options you mentioned.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Big, heavy, get caught up on stuff and flex into the rubi rails and dent the body. Much better options out there. They make a cool jacket though. :thumb:

TFD

I had ace sliders on my jeep for 3 months. Now they're collecting dust in my garage. Go with Evo or Lod. You won't regret it.

Redrckjeepr

I run ACE sliders and love them. We did have to do a little modifying for the body mounts, but it was not bad. I only run the sliders and they have worked well. They are a great company to deal with as well.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I have ACE sliders and have been happy with them. I found a video of them in use, you be the judge.

And when that guy gets around to replacing them and taking off the Rubi rails, he will see exactly where the rail got pushed into the tub.

Hot94Z28

Cant say im a fan of having to double up on sliders either....

When I first joined this site I was wanting to get the ACE sliders. Then after looking at everything I found to not have possible body damage I need to run at least Rubi rails too. I didn't want to buy something to have to buy something else to run them without body damage, then end up buying something like the EVO sliders down the road anyways.

So I ended up buying the EVO sliders off the bat cause I have seen the videos and have never heard someone say they got body damage with them. It ended up saving me money in the long run.

When I first joined this site I was wanting to get the ACE sliders. Then after looking at everything I found to not have possible body damage I need to run at least Rubi rails too. I didn't want to buy something to have to buy something else to run them without body damage, then end up buying something like the EVO sliders down the road anyways.

So I ended up buying the EVO sliders off the bat cause I have seen the videos and have never heard someone say they got body damage with them. It ended up saving me money in the long run.
Smart move. Ive made a few mistakes early on in the build trying to save a buck. Always ended up buying the right part second go-round. Im doing my damnedest to not do that anymore. Its expensive to go cheap.....if you actually put the product to use that is.

bsimon187

And when that guy gets around to replacing them and taking off the Rubi rails, he will see exactly where the rail got pushed into the tub.

this is spot on. Ran ace sliders with rubi rails and had a them push into the tub and bend it. Run the weld on evo now and no more issues like that.

kyle521

I have a set that I picked up cheap used. Like people said, if you come down hard on them they will be pushed into the tub. For light wheeling and being careful and knowing their limits you should be okay. Just know that they move, and wheel accordingly. I only got them since they were cheap. I will be going to weld on in the future when funds allow. I would not buy these brand new, especially for the price they go for

lefty02

I have ACE sliders under my Rubi rails and have had zero issues. These sliders are tough! I have taken my rig through rock gardens where the sliders did what they were designed to do and they have the scars to prove it. They did not flex with the jeep's entire weight resting on them. Like anything else, I'm sure there is something better out there. My only gripe would be, and it's minor, is the clearance to the bottom of the Rubi rail is reduced by the thickness of the ACE slider tube.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom