ACE rock sliders? opinions?

I have ACE sliders under my Rubi rails and have had zero issues. These sliders are tough! I have taken my rig through rock gardens where the sliders did what they were designed to do and they have the scars to prove it and did not flex at all with the jeeps entire weight resting on them. My only gripe would be, and it's minor, is the clearance to the bottom of the Rubi rail is reduced by the thickness of the ACE slider tube.

View attachment 191689

You won't know your tub is damaged until you pull the sliders off. Not to mention resting your jeep on some sliders is different than dropping your jeep on them.

You won't know your tub is damaged until you pull the sliders off. Not to mention resting your jeep on some sliders is different than dropping your jeep on them.

Okay, I guess I didn't throw enough action verbs in there. It was resting after it dropped. I can only tell you what my experience is and don't let the "fresh catch" title fool anyone. I'm an old fart and been rolling around the dirt and rocks for a while. "Just sayin'"

Last edited:
I researched this quite a bit and ended up going with nemesis billy rockers. There are a lot of reports of body damage with ace sliders. But it's your money.

I have been running Ace weld on sliders and I love them. I have abused them pretty hard on the rocks with zero bends or body damage. I went with the "weld on" because they have better clearance than the bolt ons. My advice would be to lose the stock sliders and invest in some real ones that will actually protect your rig.

Let me just throw this out there ....if these sliders are so tough, why are you guys feeling the need to run them overtop of another set of sliders?

Let me just throw this out there ....if these sliders are so tough, why are you guys feeling the need to run them overtop of another set of sliders?

The same reason someone would wear 2 condoms...

2x the protection!!!!!!

For one, nothing is indestructible; everything has a point of failure. Second, It actually looks better than without, IMO. Maybe they will add some protection to a point when the ACE slider pushes up into the tub as most folks say they eventually will. I guess I'm not doing it right since I haven't been able to do that yet. I'll keep trying, though and post with pics when it does.

For one, nothing is indestructible; everything has a point of failure. Second, It actually looks better than without, IMO. Maybe they will add some protection to a point when the ACE slider pushes up into the tub as most folks say they eventually will. I guess I'm not doing it right since I haven't been able to do that yet. I'll keep trying, though and post with pics when it does.

To me a quality slider doesnt need redundancy. Im not saying that doubling up on sliders wont help, im just saying i find it odd that the people saying how awesome the ACE sliders are all people running them ontop of other sliders.

In my opinion, the ACE ones doubled up with the Rubi rails looks like shit.

They are also only about $100 cheaper the the EVO ones, least comparing four door to four door anyways.

I've had the ace sliders for 5 years and my biggest complaint is that they are really lower than I would like, and that's why I will end up replacing them.

Functionally they have done their job with trees and rocks and stood up well, but I haven't beaten on them as hard or as often as others might.

To me a quality slider doesnt need redundancy. Im not saying that doubling up on sliders wont help, im just saying i find it odd that the people saying how awesome the ACE sliders are all people running them ontop of other sliders.

The factory rubicon slider do a damn good job alone. I can imagine why you would want to make it work twice as hard

The factory rubicon slider do a damn good job alone. I can imagine why you would want to make it work twice as hard
Ive been very impressed with mine. Took some pretty decent hits for what they are. Needles to say, ill soon be paying them forward when i get some EVOs. its only a matter of time before i cave these in.

Not much love for the ACE, I really like the look of the poison spider sliders, anyone here running them and if so what do you have to say about them?
The frame mounted ones not the body mounted

Last edited:
In my opinion, the ACE ones doubled up with the Rubi rails looks like shit.

They are also only about $100 cheaper the the EVO ones, least comparing four door to four door anyways.

Rubi rails hide the lower pinch seem, plus a little added protection.

Took a closer look at the EVOs after reading your post. I got to say "they will be my next set when I have the need to replace my current ones." Much nicer look and better clearance.

Last edited:
I wouldn't run them ... had them on my two door and wasn't impressed ... They were ok but I'm doing it right this time and going evo weld ons

I have ACE now. At the time I bought them I just needed steps for the kids and almost went with some sahara plastic step takeoffs. They're better than nothing, mount up nice and the quality is pretty good. Now 6 months later, I'm making plans to really off-road, the jeep is lifted so the kids can't use the steps anyway, time for Evo weld ons. I'll sell the ace and rubi sliders on CL.

ace rock railsiI'

I have slid mine over many rocks along with some hard hits on a few drop offs I misjudged. Beat the hell out of them many times and they never let me down

Top Bottom