Why so much hate towards the Renegade-Comanche?

Why am I seeing all this hate towards the Renegade-Comanche that Mopar will be bringing to Moab this year? Personally, It's my favorite out of all this years concept vehicles. I love it because its a cool reincarnation of the classic Comanche and I love the front end of the Renegade. And the two really cool things about it are the soft top and the 2.0 Diesel engine under the hood! And, with those awesome classic black steel wheels, I would certainly buy one if Jeep put them into production.

It baffles me to see people calling it a "fake", "dumb", and "not a real Jeep". Famous Jeeps of the past such as the XJ were unibody. With it's classic styling and features that pay tribute to Jeeps of the past, I don't know why the keyboard warriors have decided that it is a hunk of crap and not a real Jeep just because they don't personally like it.

But, in my opinion, it's my favorite! :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Let the haters hate. I've been doing this a really long time and it's always the same. Same was true back when Daimler came out with the TJ - god forbid that a Jeep would have anything other than kidney busting leaf springs and the same was true when the JK came out - god forbid a Wrangler would ever have anything other than 2-doors. Hell, when the XJ came out, there were people pissin and moaning about Renault pushing it out in place of the full size Cherokee.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Haters gonna hate. I agree prob my favorite of the concepts outside of the crew chief

JAGS

Hooked
I don't understand it either. It's not like they are replacing the wrangler with the renegade. It's a different vehicle with a different audience. I think some people just like to be assholes and can't help but to hate on everything.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
These are the same guys that claim "built not bought" and "beat not babied" they are full of themselves and jealous of anything that doesn't look like their piles of junk.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
But, in my opinion, it's my favorite! :yup:

I love my '92 Comanche, but if anything terminal happens to it, and I'm not killed in the accident, the new Comanche would be at the top of my list for a replacement if it's built. Most truck owners are fiercely loyal to their brand and love monstrous V-8/10 gas or diesel engines. I do to, but this little guy is pretty cool and will get MPG's. Come on Jeep, build it!:thumb:

geberhard

Douchebag
Let them hate, I am game for a jeep pickup! My facorite is the 715 concept, but the Renny-manche woudl be a cool little pickup with the top off :D

mcgyvr

The renegade-comanche is ugly solely because of that soft top/chop look they have on it..
And IMO the lifted renegade concept looks goofy too..

I tried really hard to like the Renegade and was thinking about one for my wife but its just not my/her style at all..
Its a bit "retarded" looking.. Grills too small for the body,etc... Jeep can make some beautiful vehicles.. For me the Renegade is NOT one of them..

Obviously everyone should be entitled to their own opinions..
Lipstick on a pig

Last edited:

geberhard

Douchebag
I got to drive a diesel one and was very surprised, very peppy, and actually a car I could enjoy for the size and purpose it has. I think the creature comfort on the Renegade is awesome, and obvioulsy Jeep is trying to expand its demographics as in terms of a "practical" car with the Jeep resemblance it still is a pretty awesome setup. I was hoping to see more heavily modified Renny's by now, but looks like the aftermarket is picking up.

On one side I am just glad Jeep is building more Jeeps and adding more to their line.

Brute

Hooked
I'm for anything that says Jeep on it and is a truck...and soft-top trucks are the bomb...ditto with no top trucks. I'm just trying to figure out how to make that Crew Chief 715 grill and stick it on my brute...

Jk909

These are the same guys that claim "built not bought" and "beat not babied" they are full of themselves and jealous of anything that doesn't look like their piles of junk.

Hahaha I couldn't have said it better myself. Every renegade owner I've met has been more than happy with their decision. Jeep is giving us more options and I think that's great

Tree Frog

Just about everybody I know, and pretty much everybody on this site hates on the new-er Cherokee's (with the little slit headlights)

For some reason I dig the hell out of them. A buddy of mine has a Anvil Trailhawk one and it is flat sexy looking.

Now if I could pick it up and put the body down on a JK chassis :hmm:

I guess thats why car makers build many different models. We are NOT all the same. Thank God for that.

I personally love the styling of the Renegade. I like how Jeep is different from the rest and incorporates some fun styling, "Easter eggs", and features in all of their vehicles. It's what makes them stand apart.

And I bet that Comanche with the Diesel engine would easily get 30+ MPG!

Moochie

Just about everybody I know, and pretty much everybody on this site hates on the new-er Cherokee's (with the little slit headlights)

For some reason I dig the hell out of them. A buddy of mine has a Anvil Trailhawk one and it is flat sexy looking.

Now if I could pick it up and put the body down on a JK chassis :hmm:

I guess thats why car makers build many different models. We are NOT all the same. Thank God for that.

I don't hate them. :)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457745141.183278.jpg

OJK12

I like it myself, not my favorite though that nod goes to shortcut. Most of the jeepers out there seem to hate anything revolved around change.

Top Bottom