EVO Enforcer vs Bolt-On Coilover vs DTD in the Desert

josh.pierce

Been lurking a long time, researching, etc. Picked up a 15 rubi in dec. Working on figuring out suspension right now. My rig is going to be a family wheeler, have two little ones, so nothing crazy for the foreseeable future. We will be moving to Vegas in the next few months. Am on a budget, but am willing to save longer for the right system.

Seen lots of info on the 3, all are extremely capable, just never seen them compared in this way. Obviously there is a progression to each as far as capability. They all seems to be much closer in capability in the rocks than at speed, Mel has shown this with evolander, so lets ignore that part. I am more concerned with moving out to the desert about capability at speed. Of course the DTD will be the best, hands down, but i will not be bombing through the desert at 100mph with my family in the jeep. But how far behind are the other two systems. If the DTD is setting the benchmark in a given desert section at 100mph (just a round number), what speed are you running with the other two systems in the same section while having the same control? Are the bolt-ons 80% of the speed or more like 50%? Same for the enforcer with the 2.5 shocks?

Thanks!
-Josh

WJCO

Meme King
Been lurking a long time, researching, etc. Picked up a 15 rubi in dec. Working on figuring out suspension right now. My rig is going to be a family wheeler, have two little ones, so nothing crazy for the foreseeable future. We will be moving to Vegas in the next few months. Am on a budget, but am willing to save longer for the right system.

Seen lots of info on the 3, all are extremely capable, just never seen them compared in this way. Obviously there is a progression to each as far as capability. They all seems to be much closer in capability in the rocks than at speed, Mel has shown this with evolander, so lets ignore that part. I am more concerned with moving out to the desert about capability at speed. Of course the DTD will be the best, hands down, but i will not be bombing through the desert at 100mph with my family in the jeep. But how far behind are the other two systems. If the DTD is setting the benchmark in a given desert section at 100mph (just a round number), what speed are you running with the other two systems in the same section while having the same control? Are the bolt-ons 80% of the speed or more like 50%? Same for the enforcer with the 2.5 shocks?

Thanks!
-Josh

Welcome to WAL. Don't forget to give us a wave and show some pics of your rig.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I am not sure on all the speed differences, but as you know the DTD will handle the highest speed. I have read this multiple times that the plush ride coils paired with the 2.5 king shocks will ride the best between the bolt on coilovers, and the springs and shocks. I feel for me personally, and I have yet to really take it up with enough speed with my bolt-ons...but the only thing I would add right now is a set of rear king bump stops like I run up front.

The main thing you gain from the coilovers is the adjustability when you load more gear and such so you can get rid of some of the sag you may have with the springs and shocks.

Im sure someone else will chime in with much more experience.

Punisher417

I'm running the enforcer 4" with the Kings 2.5 and I love it. Just added King bumpstops to the front and they made a huge difference but as of know I'm hit the desert areas anywhere from 45-60 mph and that's with a good amount of whoops.

Evil

Hit me up when you get to Vegas. To much shit to type but I can get you going in the right direction. :beer:

ttfhell

55%, 65% with f/r air bumps. I've had both setups. Any more than that and shit is going to break and heat up fast.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Another thing to remember if you really want to go with the DTD setup, you really should upgrade your axles to handle the speed that you can take with that suspension.

Top Bottom