No rear swaybar

sc_rhino

Seen and heard of people taking off their rear sway bar and wanted to get everyone's opinion? Anybody seen this or done it?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Seen and heard of people taking off their rear sway bar and wanted to get everyone's opinion? Anybody seen this or done it?

There are a lot of things people do that don't make a whole lot of sense to me and disconnecting your rear sway bar links is one of them. If any of these people took the time to look, they would see that the rear sway bar is really soft and can be manipulated by hand. Leaving the links connected will NOT limit your flex. If anything, leaving the links connected will help offer much desired stability especially in off camber situations.

Here's a shot of my factory rear sway bar limiting the 14" of vertical travel my EVO lever provides. Please note that my limiting strap is taught.
main.php

rogerk93

I haven't seen it but I would not run it without the sway bar connected. Especially if its a DD that would give way too much body roll and when braking it would make your jeep want to push forward. Unsafe for no reason just buy some good dico .

Last edited:

Evil

I have the same kit on my Jeep you have as a advatar pic and due to incorrect back spaced rims being sent to me, I do not have my rear sway bar hooked up. Trust me on this, keep your sway bar hooked up. Your not going to gain any additional articulation with it off and it rides, turns and wheels just fine with it hooked up. I'm not driving my Jeep until the correct wheels get here and my sway bar is re connected.

Heavyhaul07

I bought my jeep used and the rear sway bar was already removed. Haven't really noticed it. I do run fox 2.0 with reservoirs. I push it hard on and offroad. Jmo.

sc_rhino

I was just thinking if not needed then I wouldn't have to worry about the end links hitting the brake lines. I think Matt (medixjk) hit his brake lines.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was just thinking if not needed then I wouldn't have to worry about the end links hitting the brake lines. I think Matt (medixjk) hit his brake lines.

All you need to do is re-route your brake lines so that the drop from the inside of the frame rails. Being that you have coil overs, this is easy to do through the old coil perches.

Top Bottom