OME vs Rancho 9000xl

meep97

After finding a good deal on Rancho 9000xl shocks ($64/ea) I am thinking about swapping out shocks. I currently have the OME shocks paired with Metalcloak coils and after some time now I feel the ride is too firm for my liking. Has anyone swapped from OME to the Rancho 9000xl shocks or does anyone have the Metalcloak coils and Rancho 9000xl paired together? If so, how is the ride?

TennJK

My real question is where are you finding that deal haha. I have been interested in going with the ranchos for a while now

JAGS

Hooked
I'm not sure how much the shocks are going to help. I'm guessing your firm ride has more to do with your springs.

That being said, that's a great deal for the shocks. Start there. If it doesn't totally fix your your issues, go with some EVO plush rides. They pair nicely with the ranchos.

meep97

With it being such a good deal on shocks and Ranchos 90 day ride guarantee I decided to pull the trigger on a set of Rancho 9000xl shocks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure how much the shocks are going to help. I'm guessing your firm ride has more to do with your springs.

That being said, that's a great deal for the shocks. Start there. If it doesn't totally fix your your issues, go with some EVO plush rides. They pair nicely with the ranchos.

This ^^^ MOST of ride quality comes from your coils. That being said, I found that Rancho 9000's did a better job of absorbing bumps than OME's if only because you can adjust them to what you like.

Top Bottom