Trektop Pro

whytiptoe

So I am sure there is a thread that I can not find on this top, if there is please send me that way, I've searched and can not find.

I am looking for a top for the summer and I like this top. I like the fact that getting in the back all I have to do is lift up glass and I have full access. I like that the back sides are a sliding glass as well. If anyone has this and has issues or can think of issues with and and there are better tops PLEASE let me know.

Thanks in advance.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen it in person and my biggest issue with it is it's cost. Pretty spendy but otherwise, pretty nice.

sjd78

I checked it out at the Pomona Offroad Expo and it's an awesome top! However as Eddie pointed out it is pricey. That being said it does bridge the gap between a hard top and soft top. Personally if I was to purchase it I would sell my hard top.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I considered ditching my hard top for the trek pro and ended up just getting the twill nx. I would have loved to keep a glass window since its so much easier to get into the back, but I just didnt like they way the pro looked without the windows in the back....then again I am kinda weird with stuff like that.

JoeB-JKURX

Side Windows Rattle

I rode in a JKU with the Trektop Pro the other day and it seemed to be the perfect mix of soft and hard top in town. On the highway (75 mph), however, the side windows which are only supported by the fabric of the top, moved in and out quite a bit and made quite a racket. As this was an early purchase of this top and the problem was reported in the Jeep press, it may have been remedied on the newer models.

Napalm

While it is nice to have the best of both worlds, the price of this top just kills it for me. Also, I think I prefer the looks of the standard Trektop NX to this one. But, that's just my opinion.

SilverBack

I rode in a JKU with the Trektop Pro the other day and it seemed to be the perfect mix of soft and hard top in town. On the highway (75 mph), however, the side windows which are only supported by the fabric of the top, moved in and out quite a bit and made quite a racket. As this was an early purchase of this top and the problem was reported in the Jeep press, it may have been remedied on the newer models.

I think we have all heard the statement "Jack of all trades, Master of none!"
I carry my boy in the back and could just see him getting smacked by a flapping glass window. Would never get him in the Jeep again and it's his favorite place!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459452180.609994.jpg

whytiptoe

Guys I agree with what you are saying. The price is high but is it to high for the quality and the practicality of the top. I don't know, how would it handle on the trail? Would it be just as good or better the the NX?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Another thing to think about, say your on the trail, after a cold morning or something, and you want to pull the rear windows...dont see that being easy with having to store a glass window and have it not get broken. Just my :twocents: again.

Napalm

Another thing to think about, say your on the trail, after a cold morning or something, and you want to pull the rear windows...dont see that being easy with having to store a glass window and have it not get broken. Just my :twocents: again.

Agreed.. Especially with that large rear window. You wouldn't safely be able to store it on the trail with gear.

sjd78

For the quality and convenience I feel it's worth the price. Everything has its pluses and minuses. You can't pull the windows out of a hard top on the trail either.....well unless you're Eddie and even then hind sight is 20/20 ;). But realistically how often are you going to do that versus getting in and out of the back during daily life? I feel like the compromise is worth it and would plan ahead by bundling up if it's cool out in the morning with the windows out so I could pull layers off as it gets warmer. That's my thoughts anyways :thumb:

Napalm

For the quality and convenience I feel it's worth the price. Everything has its pluses and minuses. You can't pull the windows out of a hard top on the trail either.....well unless you're Eddie and even then hind sight is 20/20 ;). But realistically how often are you going to do that versus getting in and out of the back during daily life? I feel like the compromise is worth it and would plan ahead by bundling up if it's cool out in the morning with the windows out so I could pull layers off as it gets warmer. That's my thoughts anyways :thumb:

I agree with what your saying! It's apples to oranges, really. It's a great alternative for people that prefer the hard top and a decent option. In my opinion though, I'm just a soft top guy through and through :)

sjd78

I agree with what your saying! It's apples to oranges, really. It's a great alternative for people that prefer the hard top and a decent option. In my opinion though, I'm just a soft top guy through and through :)

I hear ya, different strokes and all that jazz... :beer:

Top Bottom