Soft doors ?!?!?

RedRum

I tried doing a search but didn't see anything, that being said I am sorry if there is a thread out there on this currently.

I live in NJ and do not have a garage large enough for my jeep so when it comes to spring - fall it's tough to take my doors off because even though I have a work truck, I work in the city and if rains comes in no way to get the doors on and it honestly gets old taking them on and off all the time. I have been thinking about picking up some soft doors to leave on and use to drive out to wheeling events, keeping hard doors safe and also allowing me to wheel doorless more.

Does anyone have any pros or cons I need to think of before laying out almost 900 for a set of front and rear upper and lower doors ??

Thank you

Last edited:

Lil Nasty

My cousin runs soft doors in the summer months. Now this is in South Louisiana mind you. He loves them and I must admit that I'm jealous of them. I like that they come apart in two pieces so they stack in the rear neatly.

Speeddmn

For double the cost, maybe even more, you could do half doors with uppers.

Would allow you to take the uppers off and still have the feel of doorless'ness. Plus keep the dirt/grime out plus the rain.

It's someone on my dream list but I have other items to get prior. Good luck on the search!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Buy them used, they usually go cheap.

I like the soft doors, while they are not water tight they will do a good enough job for you. There light and can fit in the back of the jeep with ease.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460638248.968921.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460638359.341792.jpg

Grubbicon

I usually always run my half doors and rarely use my hard doors. Some of my favorite things are the fact that they give more leg room and they are also half doors. Some bad parts are no matter how much you try when it rains hard they are not water tight (at least mine). If the windows are up they will flap when you get up to speed as well. Overall those aren't bad enough reason for me not to use them.

patr1ckm

The things I don't like about my soft doors are having no side protection and they are a bit noisy at high speed. Other than that, they work well especially during adverse weather conditions.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
The things I don't like about my soft doors are having no side protection and they are a bit noisy at high speed. Other than that, they work well especially during adverse weather conditions.

Side protection? Like from an accident? I know my 2 door soft top had a sticker on it that said the doors are there for the elements, not actual protection from an accident.

cyberil

I use soft doors in the Summer and I live in England where it rains all the time.

In fact last year I did a round trip from England to the island of Corsica near Italy with the soft doors on. That was a trip of over 2,200 miles, I nearly ended up going insane :eek::eek::eek:

Here's are some pics....

IMG_1021.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I ran soft doors for a long while. For the mirrors I did relocation brackets to the A pillar. Pretty much rendered the passenger side mirror useless, but kept it legal. As far as the soft doors, very convenient but as mentioned, not water tight at all. In addition, sometimes it would rain hard and the lower soft door would soak through and start dripping from the cloth. If it rains a lot where you are, just something to think about.

woof359

huge waste

I had a set of Best Top soft doors, upper and lowers, they pull away from the roof at speeds over 35, and I mean by about 3 inches, that aint gonna work in the rain, I tried bending them in at the top so fit tighter but then they were a pain to close and they still pulled away at the roof, sent them back for a refund< I wish some one would make a one piece soft doors like my CJ had, no problems with those:eek:

Last edited:

Napalm

One of these days I'm going to get a set of these. Probably just the lowers, I'd only run them during nice weather.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
One of these days I'm going to get a set of these. Probably just the lowers, I'd only run them during nice weather.

I keep debating about these or just some Rancho tube doors with Spiderweb shades. Living in town now, and only driving about 5 miles to work, the Bestop two piece doors are appealing again. I just cant decide. LOL!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I keep debating about these or just some Rancho tube doors with Spiderweb shades. Living in town now, and only driving about 5 miles to work, the Bestop two piece doors are appealing again. I just cant decide. LOL!

I know I want halfs, but cant make up my mind either. I almost wish I never had a set of oem halfs since they were just so nice since they sealed up and didnt leak or anything. I will probably get the Savvy doors when I finally make up my mind or maybe the JCR version depending on which looks better in the end.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I know I want halfs, but cant make up my mind either. I almost wish I never had a set of oem halfs since they were just so nice since they sealed up and didnt leak or anything. I will probably get the Savvy doors when I finally make up my mind or maybe the JCR version depending on which looks better in the end.

I haven't seen the JCR half doors yet, but I'm going to check them out. For me right now it's between the EVO doors or the Blackout doors.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I haven't seen the JCR half doors yet, but I'm going to check them out. For me right now it's between the EVO doors or the Blackout doors.

What are the blackout doors?

I like the evo, but for me I want something more sealed up so I dont like the bottom cut out part. The JCR look a lot like the Savvy doors. Only thing I dont like on the savvy is they do not have a seal along the door.

Edit: Just looked at the JCR doors. They are basically the same as Savvy, but dont have the extra support pieces down the centers that they have, so they may be a little lighter but not as strong. They are a little cheaper however and have better looking hinges than the Savvy.

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
What are the blackout doors?

I like the evo, but for me I want something more sealed up so I dont like the bottom cut out part. The JCR look a lot like the Savvy doors. Only thing I dont like on the savvy is they do not have a seal along the door.

Edit: Just looked at the JCR doors. They are basically the same as Savvy, but dont have the extra support pieces down the centers that they have, so they may be a little lighter but not as strong. They are a little cheaper however and have better looking hinges than the Savvy.

A company called M and M Offroad makes enclosed tube doors they call blackout doors

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461174837.963447.jpg

I like that they bow out a little and give a bit more room.

Top Bottom