New 7 miles and MIL CODE P0300 multiple misfire

jkjouster

Street Smarts PIMP
What's the deal with this,

Just picked up my 2016 auto jku rubi. Driving home from dealer, I noticed the MIL check engine light and I connected my diagnostic tool, and it showed code P0300. Multiple misfire. i understand this was a common issue a few years back, you would think it would be rectified before moving on to a new model wrangler like the JL. i also understand there many different items that can contribute to this such as sensors, plugs, coils, cats....

On a brand new vehicle? It had half a tank from dealer, it was driving perfectly with no issues. I went to fill it up, cranked jeep back on and noticed the mil light. I let the dealer know, snapped a pic of the code on my tool, and cleared it. About 10 more miles on and no code yet, but if it continues, what is the outcome?

WJCO

Meme King

Just picked up my 2016 auto jku rubi. Driving home from dealer, I noticed the MIL check engine light and I connected my diagnostic tool, and it showed code P0300. Multiple misfire. i understand this was a common issue a few years back, you would think it would be rectified before moving on to a new model wrangler like the JL. i also understand there many different items that can contribute to this such as sensors, plugs, coils, cats....

On a brand new vehicle? It had half a tank from dealer, it was driving perfectly with no issues. I went to fill it up, cranked jeep back on and noticed the mil light. I let the dealer know, snapped a pic of the code on my tool, and cleared it. About 10 more miles on and no code yet, but if it continues, what is the outcome?

Truthfully with a 300 after you filled up, I'm suspecting bad fuel. Usually the 300 will be accompanied with a P0316 with bad fuel too though. If it persists in the next couple days, take it back to the dealer, as I assume it is under warranty.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

I'd take it back as soon as you can to get the paper trail going. Even if they tell you that there isn't anything they can do.

If it continues and they are unable to fix it they should do something like they did for the user AllAmericanInfidel. I'd PM him for more info but here is his new build thread that explains what happened to his 2014.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?35418-Project-BOHICA-AllAmericanInfidel-s-Mojave-Sand-build

jkjouster

Street Smarts PIMP
Truthfully with a 300 after you filled up, I'm suspecting bad fuel. Usually the 300 will be accompanied with a P0316 with bad fuel too though. If it persists in the next couple days, take it back to the dealer, as I assume it is under warranty.

sadly im in south florida and the dealer is in boston.

any dealings with them will be difficult at best.
brand new so i know ill always have warranty to figure this out, but after waiting to finally get the jeep, i couldnt imagine having to send it back!!

Speeddmn

A jeep dealer is a jeep dealer, it dosent have to go to the dealer you bought from.

Take it in, get them to fix it. Document everything, always.

Moochie

If the code reappears don't clear it. Take it back to a dealership and let them figure it out.

Ctimrun

When I bought my 2008 Rubicon it shut down and stranded me on the freeway about 3 miles from the dealer. I was just leaving the dealer after taking delivery at 9 pm as they were closing for the night. I called and happened to catch the manager before he left for the night. Without me even asking him for anything he had it towed back, tore up the paperwork, and gave me the other Rubicon they had that was the same color. It had a higher MSRP by about $2000 and he gave it to me for the same price I paid for the original one because of my troubles.

At a minimum I would take yours back and have it documented, if not ask them to replace it with another one. It's possible there will be no more problems, but it's also possible it is a sign of things to come. A new car with 7 miles on it should not be throwing codes.

rogerk93

Take it back to the dealer like others said you want s paper trail to back yourself up. It is a battle every time you have to go to the dealer especially when you start changing things on your jeep. This will show that the problem appeared from the start.

Top Bottom